The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM

deleted deleted

Last edited by Danda74; 03-05-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:14 AM

For anyone interested, check out details on the tab book in this thread:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=436250
Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I saw and heard Kieran Murphy play back in 2007 as an opening act for Tommy Emmanuel in Syracuse, NY. He was very good on the guitar, but appeared to be quite uncomfortable on stage. Tommy asked him how he liked being in the Fingerlakes Region of New York State and Kieran said, in essence, that he didn't particularly care for it or for being away from home (Australia). I chalked it up to his having a bad day, but from what I observed, Kieran did not seem to like being an entertainer.

IMO, that life is not for everyone; in fact, very few people can do well making a living at making music. If Kieran is happy working in graphics arts, that's a good thing. He can still do music on the side, like most of the rest of us, and maybe even enjoy it more.

- Glenn
Same with Nick Drake. Hated performing and no performance of his exists on film or, as far as I know, professional live recording. He did, however, suffer immensely with psychological illness which led ultimately to him taking his life at 27. He would have been 70 now.

Last edited by AndrewG; 03-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I saw and heard Kieran Murphy play back in 2007 as an opening act for Tommy Emmanuel in Syracuse, NY. He was very good on the guitar, but appeared to be quite uncomfortable on stage. Tommy asked him how he liked being in the Fingerlakes Region of New York State and Kieran said, in essence, that he didn't particularly care for it or for being away from home (Australia). I chalked it up to his having a bad day, but from what I observed, Kieran did not seem to like being an entertainer.

IMO, that life is not for everyone; in fact, very few people can do well making a living at making music. If Kieran is happy working in graphics arts, that's a good thing. He can still do music on the side, like most of the rest of us, and maybe even enjoy it more.

- Glenn
Yes, performing and entertaining on stage is a whole other set of skills and some folks have a passion for it and some do not. I have a friend whose son is a high level classical guitarist but has struggled with translating that to stage performance. He finally decided to become a music and guitar teacher at the university level and he loves it. Performs occasionally on the side. It has been wonderful to watch him go from struggling to thriving as he has found his true musical calling.

Performing - definitely not for everyone.

Best,
Jayne
Old 10-27-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danda74 View Post
For anyone interested, check out details on the tab book in this thread:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=436250
I just wanted to endorse Danda74's tabs. I bought them today and they are extremely well done, especially for such complex compositions. I'm not sure where to start learning though... I may be in over my head...

EDIT: I just bought an album released in 2017 by Kieran - but he has rebranded himself as Kyran Daniel, and this album is by Kyran and New Flower Garden... Don't really understand it, but it's still the same guy making the music, so I'm happy. I think I prefer his other albums more, but this one is very beautiful and I highly recommend it!
Teton STG105CENT
Recording King RK-R35 (banjo)
Looking for my next one!

Last edited by nazump; 11-11-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added new info
Old 05-20-2022, 06:39 PM

Solid came back by Keiran indeed.
Hope life treated him well throughout these years
Mic: Line Audio CM4
Zoom H6
Audient ID14 mk II
Black Mountain thumbpicks

https://www.youtube.com/c/SergeDenfordGuitar
Old 05-27-2022, 01:05 PM

Had to come back to say Kyran is touring again in Australia and Europe. He's also started uploading videos to Youtube recently. So pumped about his return to the limelight!
Teton STG105CENT
Recording King RK-R35 (banjo)
Looking for my next one!
Old 05-27-2022, 08:04 PM
Guest 61722

Now he definitely has frolicking fingers! OMG! The video quality isn't great, but there's something about him that reminds me of Martin Short. Or am I crazy?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion