The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-21-2018, 07:56 PM

Lots of info shared on this thread, good reading! Always puts a smile on my face when it’s at the top of the list. One day I might understand the sophistication of G, but you’all sure are working on it. Thanks
Old 12-22-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel and wood View Post
Bonus if she plays anywhere near as good as she looks.
It does indeed! To be frank, to my left hand it feels and plays a lot like my old '74 Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop. The neck has the same curvature, though not as fat (not by much anyway), The same scale (i believe its Gibson scale), the same fret board radius (probably 12"), etc. It is all too familiar and that is a good thing. I can now whip out Stormy Monday in a way I have not been able to since I got rid of the Les Paul.

I strummed out Something (nod to my favorite Beatle) this morning and I like it.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:48 AM

Default Lucky Owner

Buying one of these was a bucket list item for me. I grabbed JT18093729 from Rocky Street Sounds through eBay. Would appear that mine was the tenth one produced in the series. Can anyone confirm?
Old 03-08-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtsmith View Post
Buying one of these was a bucket list item for me. I grabbed JT18093729 from Rocky Street Sounds through eBay. Would appear that mine was the tenth one produced in the series. Can anyone confirm?
Congrats, welcome to the Forum, and be advised that I was seriously considering trading my own regular-production 2013 6136DC (no mufflers/zero fret, 18th-fret body joint - the main reason I kept mine - and different tone-switch cap values) toward what has been the object of my guitar fantasies since I first saw it in the '63 catalog (which I still own) as a ten-year-old - use it well, often, and LOUD...

FYI, at the time they were available the Street Sounds website would list the serial number as well as the specs for each specific model and, although I can't tell you where yours fits in the numerical hierarchy, I can say with certainty that it was part of a run of one dozen specially built to order for Street Sounds (BTW I don't know if you've ever been there, but I have - I presently live right over the Verrazano Bridge in Staten Island, lived in Brooklyn for 50 years, my wife and I both went to high school within walking distance of the place - and from the outside you'd never suspect this guy's the world's largest Gretsch dealer); that said, IME Rocky is probably one of the greatest authorities on all matters Gretsch, other than Fred Gretsch himself (who used to conduct annual workshops/seminars there, pre-Corona), and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you the specifics on your guitar...

Finally, if you're a White Falcon owner you need one (or both) of these - extremely difficult to get anywhere else - and he may still have some NOS vintage Gretsch picks on hand (I bought a few of the white ones to keep strictly as case candy - over 50 years old TMK, wouldn't even think of using them):

http://www.streetsoundsnyc.com/grets...ack-new-ss1314
http://www.streetsoundsnyc.com/grets...nut-new-ss1316

Last edited by Steve DeRosa; 03-08-2021 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:25 AM

Wow,, that is a beauty..

(..I think I peed myself a wee bit..)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars