The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-12-2019, 04:26 PM

I shoot down my cellar, but worried about the loud report, it has the crack of a .22. Where I live it’s illegal to shoot a slingshot in your backyard.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrmac123 View Post
Thanks for all the info regarding the difference between BB guns and pellet guns. Just for further clarification , were these BB guns powered by compressed air or by compressing a spring which hit the ball when it was released ?

AFAIK, these BB guns were never available in the UK ... I could be mistaken however, and I would be fascinated to know if any of the members outside of the US ever had one of these BB guns in their younger days.
Here's an example the type of gun under discussion:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...dsyrdrydr19agu

This model is named after comic book western hero Red Ryder:

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net...00/2673353.jpg

and is especially remembered as the desperately wished for Christmas present of Ralphie Parker in the movie A Christmas Story (1983).
Old 12-13-2019, 05:55 AM

Any one else remember the big packs of BBs that u could get in a box? It was probably a 5pound box and had packages of silver bbs, maybe a 100 per package. Seems like they were called “silver” something. I’d love to find them again
Old 12-13-2019, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcamp View Post
Any one else remember the big packs of BBs that u could get in a box? It was probably a 5pound box and had packages of silver bbs, maybe a 100 per package. Seems like they were called “silver” something. I’d love to find them again
I remember small packets like little ketchup packs that held BBs. Seems that the Daisy brand BBs were packed in yellow and black? I also remember the cardboard cylinders from daisy that were yellow with a cardboard cap in black, maybe? The Daisy BBs were copper colored and Crossman were usually a nickel color. The Crossman pump BB/pellet gun was fun in that it held quite a number of BBs and had the "bolt action" that would load a BB and hold it in place with a small magnet. I used to pump mine up 10 times and manually load 5 to 10 BBs and shoot. Air shot gun! I had to be careful to not tip the barrel or the BBs would roll out before I could shoot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic