The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
The whole technology thing has destroyed the game.
As a for instance, the “imaginary plane” of the goal line.
If the player’s body and the ball in his control are in the end zone, touchdown.
Otherwise no.
It isn't the technology, it's how it's being used. Replay is a joke and the rule book has become as complicated as the US Tax Code. The issue is that the officials can't see beyond their noses and are hiding behind the technology. THEY are the weak link. Every time I see the head ref switch on his mic it's like watching a spin doctor in action; trying to excuse why or why not a flag was thrown. Either give them the tools to actually SEE what's happening in real time or get them off the field altogether.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
I hate to support the Patriots, but that game exemplified ridiculously poor officiating. The two most glaring mistakes cost the team 14 points and weren't judgement calls. They could easily have been overturned if not for arbitrary rules governing the review process.
Yea, cost the Patriots some points for sure. Very clear in instant replay.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:22 PM

Far be it for me to complain. (Well, unless I get grouchy). That is beside the point. Officiating is a lost art. I miss it. That is the point I am trying to make.

Last edited by Jobe; 12-09-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:59 AM

Hey, the Detroit Lions are finally competing, they're fighting for the bottom spots for high draft picks! The poor devils who get picked get to join in the endless struggle for mediocrity. Oh yeah,their choices for GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia from NE Patriots are also "toast"! They get to fade into the great abyss, with ample contracts, never to be heard from again except maybe as assistants on winning programs.

After 63 years (1957), the Lions are girding up for another re-build program.

Fog
Old 12-10-2019, 06:22 AM

In the most significant news on earth, Lamar Jackson has a quad injury. RGIII took all the reps at Monday's practice session, and the Ravens play on Thursday. It's only the Jets, but still.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
In the most significant news on earth, Lamar Jackson has a quad injury. RGIII took all the reps at Monday's practice session, and the Ravens play on Thursday. It's only the Jets, but still.
So the road to the super bowl doesn't go through Cincinnati?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
RG3 WILL LIGHT 'EM UP
Old 12-10-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I wonder if the injury came from a running play.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wonder if the injury came from a running play.
They need to check him for CBD then because he’s going to play Thursday after limping on Monday.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, cost the Patriots some points for sure. Very clear in instant replay.

First was the challenge that Belichick should’ve won. That ball was about half a yard short of a first down, yet it was spotted a good yard and a half ahead. The PI on the same challenge was a long shot. Losing that challenge meant not being able to challenge that obvious touchdown which I notice while watching live he was definitely in. Then of course that fumble with Gilmore having a whole clear field in front of him. It was horrible officiating, but the pats haters are loving it.

But like a true Pats fan, week 14 is in the past. We need to win the rest and hope that Lamar’s injury will keep the ravens from winning. Pats are pretty much unbeatable during the post season with home field advantage.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
So the road to the super bowl doesn't go through Cincinnati?
NE must think so...why would they think they'd have to film the Bengals? The Bengals?!?? Old habits die hard, I guess...

Last edited by Cabarone; 12-11-2019 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabarone View Post
Belicheat must think so...why would they think they'd have to film the Bengals? The Bengals?!?? Old habits die hard, I guess...

Please did you even read about what truly happened? I know you won’t bother to read the true story, but I’ll indulge you since I have some faith you’ll read this even if for the sole purpose of how to pats-hate reply.

Patriots were filming a documentary with a hired film crew...hired, as in they are not employees of the Patriots. After reviewing some of the footage, the Patriots realized they broke some of the filming rules, immediately came clean about it. It was not some conspiracy to find a way to beat the 12-1 (oh oops I meant 1-12) Bengals. Patriots haters can be the most ridiculous people out there.

Here’s an excerpt:

As ESPN's Adam Schefter highlights, a Patriots advanced scout was being filmed for a "Do Your Job" documentary feature the team routinely produces. The New England video crew was credentialed by the Browns to shoot in the press box. A Bengals official saw a member of the video crew wearing a Patriots shirt and alerted the league, which confiscated the video. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network adds that New England did get permission by the Browns (who were the home team), but it appears neither the league nor the Bengals were fully in the loop. “

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...s-browns-game/

Here’s a hard fact to swallow Patriots haters...it’s not the Pats fault your team sucks.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Please did you even read about what truly happened? I know you won’t bother to read the true story, but I’ll indulge you since I have some faith you’ll read this even if for the sole purpose of how to pats-hate reply.

Patriots were filming a documentary with a hired film crew...hired, as in they are not employees of the Patriots. After reviewing some of the footage, the Patriots realized they broke some of the filming rules, immediately came clean about it. It was not some conspiracy to find a way to beat the 12-1 (oh oops I meant 1-12) Bengals. Patriots haters can be the most ridiculous people out there.

Here’s an excerpt:

As ESPN's Adam Schefter highlights, a Patriots advanced scout was being filmed for a "Do Your Job" documentary feature the team routinely produces. The New England video crew was credentialed by the Browns to shoot in the press box. A Bengals official saw a member of the video crew wearing a Patriots shirt and alerted the league, which confiscated the video. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network adds that New England did get permission by the Browns (who were the home team), but it appears neither the league nor the Bengals were fully in the loop. “

Here’s a hard fact to swallow Patriots haters...it’s not the Pats fault your team sucks.
I stand corrected and apologize...but you make an erroneous assumption I'm a Bengals fan...
Old 12-11-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post

Here’s an excerpt:

LOL, I love die hard fans. I find it more enjoyable to hear them complain than I do in rooting against their teams. There's a fine line between drama and comedy. I'm not hating, I'm laughing!

BTW, I'm surprised the Steelers don't suck as much. Apparently the "Killer Bees" were as much a bane for our own teams - and in a couple of cases, for their careers as well - as they were for our opponents.

Don't count out Lamar Jackson though. He knows there's a target on his legs so they're playing it safe and probably adding a little drama because it keeps their logo on ESPN while they coast through the rest of the season. Baltimore clinched their berth and there's been talk that they would probably sideline him to keep him from getting truly hurt. Healthy or not, I fully expect the Ravens to treat the rest of the season like it's the preseason and play the second and third stringers. If NE continues to struggle, they will inherit home field advantage and the bye.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:12 PM

Sorry if I came a bit too abrasive, but you guys must understand how us Patriots fans have to deal with the mob of haters season after season. They just read the sensational headline, and pick up the pitchforks chanting about cheatriots.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic