The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-12-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Don Cherry fired. I'll miss his sartorial splendor.

In other news, Sidney Crosby will miss the Pens road trip this weekend to New York (Rangers) and New Jersey (Devils) with a lower body injury. Team says he may be out longer.
Yea, big news in Canada about Don Cherry. Hockey Night in Canada won't be the same without him.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:40 AM

Not good news for the Pens: Sid has a sports hernia. He's currently deciding on whether to have surgery or go with rest and rehab. If he choses surgery he'll be out for 4 to 6 weeks. With Letang and Hornqvist already out, the Pens are going to have some tough sledding over the next month or so.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-13-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Not good news for the Pens: Sid has a sports hernia. He's currently deciding on whether to have surgery or go with rest and rehab. If he choses surgery he'll be out for 4 to 6 weeks. With Letang and Hornqvist already out, the Pens are going to have some tough sledding over the next month or so.
I hope Sid goes ahead and gets that fixed now. No sense putting it off given he's had it since training camp.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I hope Sid goes ahead and gets that fixed now. No sense putting it off given he's had it since training camp.
I hope so too. I think having the surgery now makes more sense than trying some rest, and then having to deal with the possibility of reaggravating the condition later in the season or during the playoffs. Get it fixed and move forward.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-14-2019, 10:48 AM

Pens just announced that Sidney Crosby has had sports hernia surgery and will be out a minimum of 6 weeks. Glad he's had it taken care of, and will be back in plenty of time to help the Pens make the playoffs.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-14-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Pens just announced that Sidney Crosby has had sports hernia surgery and will be out a minimum of 6 weeks. Glad he's had it taken care of, and will be back in plenty of time to help the Pens make the playoffs.
Yup. Word is that he's been dealing with it since training camp and soldiering through it because Malkin was out. I'd rather he be healthy after midseason anyway.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
+1. Too bad but glad he didn't wait any longer. I just read a stat that Crosby has played at least 75 games each of the past 6 seasons, and 3 seasons with at least 80 games. That's quite a turn around from earlier in his career when he was injury prone and many were wondering if his career would be cut short. Fortunately not!
Old 11-16-2019, 10:27 AM

McDavid had 6 points (3/3) and Draisaitl had 5 (0/5) in their win a couple of nights ago. Showoffs!

Marchand had 2 more goals last night for the Bruins. He's having a great season.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Marchand had 2 more goals last night for the Bruins. He's having a great season.
yea so is Pasta, but what the heck are they getting at with the shoot out shenanigans. Same thing almost every time, skate around, slow down at the hash marks, and try the five hole, which by now, every goalie in the league knows what to expect out of these guys,, SHOOT THE DAM PUCK!!!!!!.

I'm all for bringing back games ending in ties. I like the 5 minute 3 on 3 in OT, but Good Lord, I can't stand the shoot out anyway.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
yea so is Pasta, but what the heck are they getting at with the shoot out shenanigans. Same thing almost every time, skate around, slow down at the hash marks, and try the five hole, which by now, every goalie in the league knows what to expect out of these guys,, SHOOT THE DAM PUCK!!!!!!.

I'm all for bringing back games ending in ties. I like the 5 minute 3 on 3 in OT, but Good Lord, I can't stand the shoot out anyway.
+1. Keep it simple, 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie, 0 points if you lose in OT. Why award a team that loses?
Old 11-19-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Sports hernia's are tough to recover from. Mikael Backlund had one back in 2014 (I think). He missed about 30 games. He's been an ironman, since.

Pens have a little over $2mill cap space. They could make a trade, and still be under the cap. They'll need to do something, as they are right on the cusp of barely being a wildcard team (they are one spot out of the wildcard spots, as I type).

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 11-19-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
It's here - the NHL starts tonight. What teams and story lines are you following?

Go Bruins! Go Pens!
Boston Bruins!!!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Boston Bruins!!!
Marchand had 3 more points tonight.

Looking forward to seeing how the top line in hockey makes out tonight: McDavid and Draisaitl.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Sports hernia's are tough to recover from. Mikael Backlund had one back in 2014 (I think). He missed about 30 games. He's been an ironman, since.

Pens have a little over $2mill cap space. They could make a trade, and still be under the cap. They'll need to do something, as they are right on the cusp of barely being a wildcard team (they are one spot out of the wildcard spots, as I type).
Are the Flames going to fire their coach?

Maple Leafs fire Babcock after a 6 game losing streak. I don't know if I'm going against the grain but I would consider his tenure in Toronto a success. He took a nothing team with no direction and lead them to 3 straight playoffs including a team record in points one season. Too bad they had to play the Bruins twice losing in game 7 both times.

Perhaps a different management style is required for these young stars?
Old 11-20-2019, 10:56 PM

We've got some Flames fans here, don't we? What's going on this year?

I watched the Avs game last night and I don't think I've ever heard an arena that quiet. They hadn't scored in something like seven straight periods? They had 107 points last year to lead the west. What happened?

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic