The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I just checked out their website. There's a great 5 minute YouTube demonstration video on it. Do they have any dealers ... looks like buy direct?

http://www.clinchfx.com/ep-pre
I bought mine slightly used off The Gear Page. They don't show up often which I think is more testimony to the pedal.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 815C View Post
These two tie for my favorite...

AnalogMan King Of Tone

AnalogMan BiCompROSSor

I use those more than any other pedals on my board.

815C - great board! I know I've asked you this before ... you've posted gig pics before, right (female singer)? So you gig with this board, right?

I've heard of Analogman pedals before but I have no idea if it's a single person operation or a "company", like Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
I bought mine slightly used off The Gear Page. They don't show up often which I think is more testimony to the pedal.
I googled the EP-Pre and I read your Gear Page thread. Very informative thread Terrapin ... and the builder seems like a great guy too.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
815C - great board! I know I've asked you this before ... you've posted gig pics before, right (female singer)? So you gig with this board, right?

I've heard of Analogman pedals before but I have no idea if it's a single person operation or a "company", like Boss?

I googled the EP-Pre and I read your Gear Page thread. Very informative thread Terrapin ... and the builder seems like a great guy too.
Thanks. That was a good Thread. I can't recommend this pedal enough. If you like what it does for Pete Thorn, you will like it. Pedal demos can be VERY deceptive, but Thorn does a great job.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Yep, I gig with this board a bunch . Given the 2 year wait I had for the King Of Tone pedal, I suspect AnalogMan is a SMALL company.

I'm using the King Of Tone in this vid from a gig...

http://youtu.be/wEZa__w0i7w

I really like their stuff so far.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 PM

I like a good compressor for boosting solos.
My current fav. is the Diamond.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 AM

I don't know what I'd do without my Crowther Hotcake
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
I don't know what I'd do without my Crowther Hotcake
I've never heard of the Hotcake ... what is it? Overdrive?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Guest 429

Boss SD-1.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM

Currently, I'm loving my Strymon Timeline. I love delay and for me, while it was a pricey pedal, it replaced two other delays from my board.

Honorable mention for me would be Paul C's Timmy. I got mine from Humbucker Music not too long ago... they get theirs in a custom surf green color which is really cool.

Taylor 614ce (walnut/englemann) "Kayla"
Gretsch Pro Jet (with Bigsby!)
Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM

I know they aren't expensive but I really like my Danelectro Fab Chorus and Flanger pedals through my Hot Rod Deluxe. Now looking for a Cool Cat Vibe to go with them. I only use them here at home so they fit the bill nicely.
Alvarez RD20S12
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AG-75
Martin 000X1AE
Cort Earth 70DE
Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 PM

It's got to be my Boomerang.

Back when (when I was a real musician), it took two tape machines, a mic stand, and a homemade mixer (to introduce the output of the 2nd tape machine back in) (not to mention the tape, tape splicer, razor blades, and splicing tape) to do anything near what it does. And it wasn't even close.

After that, I'd love to have my old Little Big Muff back again. IT did something the Big Muff didn't. I never got the same sound out of any fuzz pedal.

Ed
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM

My Fulltone Supa-trem Tremolo pedal. Simply the best tremolo pedal I have tried. Also doubles as a boost.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshpmark View Post
I know they aren't expensive but I really like my Danelectro Fab Chorus and Flanger pedals through my Hot Rod Deluxe. Now looking for a Cool Cat Vibe to go with them. I only use them here at home so they fit the bill nicely.
Nothing wrong with inexpensive pedals at all... actually some of them (to my ears) sound better than their more expensive counterparts. Anyhow, I've got no experience with them if you're looking for inexpensive pedals, take a look at / research Joyo pedals (on Amazon). A lot of them have been getting good reviews online (TDPRI, TGP, etc).

Taylor 614ce (walnut/englemann) "Kayla"
Gretsch Pro Jet (with Bigsby!)
Old 03-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Has anyone tried any multi-effect pedals? I like the idea of a single,small box that does some nice stuff. I'm looking at the Zoom G3X for $199, but waiting for a sale (probably get it for $20 -30 less at that time). Seems like a very interesting and versatile item.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...imulator-pedal

I have a modeling amp, and a Roland GR-55, but for just a quick and easy setup, I want to grab a small pedal board or multi-pedal and go.

Thanks!!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Has anyone tried any multi-effect pedals? I like the idea of a single,small box that does some nice stuff. I'm looking at the Zoom G3X for $199, but waiting for a sale (probably get it for $20 -30 less at that time). Seems like a very interesting and versatile item.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...imulator-pedal

I have a modeling amp, and a Roland GR-55, but for just a quick and easy setup, I want to grab a small pedal board or multi-pedal and go.

Thanks!!
Hey Mike. The great thing about those multi-effects pedals is that you get lots of effects for a low cost. Generally, I find that individual pedals allow you to dial in your tone better since each pedal is specialized for a single purpose. I did use an Alesis Mediverb for a few years for delay/reverb in my effects loop and it was nice.

When I started out I used a Zoom 9002 fx unit that fit on my guitar strap. I bought it back in 1989 or '90. Amazing little unit and buying that gave me a million options and it was significantly cheaper than buying all those pedals.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars