The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Charter Member

Been digging on my EHX Freeze pedal lately. That along with my Ditto looper and I can play cool riffs all day long. It never get's old! Not much else in my chain. The T5 into the Zoom A2.1u into an Xotic EP Booster into the Ditto into the Freeze into the Genz Benz Shenandoah.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Just got the new dumkudo pedal shipped from Japan, it is built custom to order and arrives " to your hand" stateside in about six days, so order Sunday arrives the following weekend.
The pedal is supposedly a take on the zen pedal, or a natural tubelike overdrive. It has a slider switch that adds 2 types of tweaks, one a sort of tube screamer Marshall mids boost, one adds clipping to a basically clean od base tone, or "dumkudo." It's hard to describe being quite new to effects and I've only had it at home where I'm sure it's not the most effective, but it has been fun to play with. It's about 310 us so not for the faint of heart, but the resale here in the states is strong. I'm likely trading mine to my guitar teacher who's a recording artist and has been looking for a zen type pedal. Not that it disappoints at all but I'm realizing for me I like to play pretty clean.

I also scored a used diamond MLJ delay which I am keeping. My other od is a okko diablo, keeper, as well as a couple clean boosts/ compressors that add tweaks to my sound, bearfoot vibe is great into a delay sort of a chorus, as well as an antique phaser I'm not sure if ill use but it seems criminal to sell. My final desire is a tube reverb (tuxeda?) but that will be a while...
Schecter California Classic Strat 1990s
Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkham13 View Post
Just got the new dumkudo pedal shipped from Japan, it is built custom to order and arrives " to your hand" stateside in about six days, so order Sunday arrives the following weekend.
The pedal is supposedly a take on the zen pedal, or a natural tubelike overdrive. It has a slider switch that adds 2 types of tweaks, one a sort of tube screamer Marshall mids boost, one adds clipping to a basically clean od base tone, or "dumkudo." It's hard to describe being quite new to effects and I've only had it at home where I'm sure it's not the most effective, but it has been fun to play with. It's about 310 us so not for the faint of heart, but the resale here in the states is strong. I'm likely trading mine to my guitar teacher who's a recording artist and has been looking for a zen type pedal. Not that it disappoints at all but I'm realizing for me I like to play pretty clean.

I also scored a used diamond MLJ delay which I am keeping. My other od is a okko diablo, keeper, as well as a couple clean boosts/ compressors that add tweaks to my sound, bearfoot vibe is great into a delay sort of a chorus, as well as an antique phaser I'm not sure if ill use but it seems criminal to sell. My final desire is a tube reverb (tuxeda?) but that will be a while...
Congrats on the dumkudo. I've never heard of them. I'm sure it has it's own unique tone but is it in the world of the Tube Screamer type overdrive pedals?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Charter Member

The original Pro Co Rat for sure!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Charter Member

Dumkudo can be found at tanabe.tv. There are samples and descriptions. I would not say a tube screamer... It's more about increasing harmonics than boosting the mids... but hard to put to words with my limited experience...
Schecter California Classic Strat 1990s
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
The original Pro Co Rat for sure!
Hey Noledog. I've never used the Rat but I know that Jeff Beck has.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Noledog. I've never used the Rat but I know that Jeff Beck has.
Indeed and good call my Maiden man...but I did not get on with the Rat from JB. My co-guitarist used a Tube Screamer and so when I was in the process of re-tooling my rig I experimented but did not want to use the same thing as my bud and I happened upon the Rat and it was "love at first bite"! ...can you guess what band without surfing?
Old 08-25-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Indeed and good call my Maiden man...but I did not get on with the Rat from JB. My co-guitarist used a Tube Screamer and so when I was in the process of re-tooling my rig I experimented but did not want to use the same thing as my bud and I happened upon the Rat and it was "love at first bite"! ...can you guess what band without surfing?
Without surfing, Judas Priest comes to mind ... Love Bites, I think that's the name of the song I'm thinking of.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Without surfing, Judas Priest comes to mind ... Love Bites, I think that's the name of the song I'm thinking of.
Dru you are the winner of a 59' flame top Les Paul combo 59' 100w Plexi!!! ...you have the cab. ...actually I misquoted Love Bites to love at first bite mixing it up with the Scorpions Love At First Sting; my bad...
Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Dru you are the winner of a 59' flame top Les Paul combo 59' 100w Plexi!!! ...you have the cab. ...actually I misquoted Love Bites to love at first bite mixing it up with the Scorpions Love At First Sting; my bad...
LOL ... I've also got a couple of Scorpions CDs too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars