The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Thanks for that Karl, sounds like you had a ball with the Gwaltney and your friends!...
The guitar sounds killer, cant wait for mine. In fact, I think I'm probably driving Greg crazy with all the e-mails! I think I'm coming round to the idea of the mini - flex mic as amp source.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by K III View Post
Took the weekend off to play

A great guitar, I can not believe how beautiful it is. Soundwise, it is completely different from the Olson or the Stehr. It is very pronounced at the highs and lows, a little less so in the mids, I believe. However, it is difficult to tell because it is only a few days old. I think that the ABW in combination with the Sinker makes it a darker, more mellow sounding guitar, which I like, but again: When I look at how the tone changed for my Stehr and even with the Olson (despite the Cedar top), I am curious to see how it develops. I have not strummed it yet, but will do later this week when I got a static pickguard, just wanted to be nice in the first few days...

I am such a bad player that I cannot record soundfiles but maybe one day I find someone who can do it for all my guitars
Hi Karl:

How you finding the Gwaltney guitar these days? Can u post a full on pic all stringed up some time.... Has the tone settled yet?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop