The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-18-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukematrix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
I think he stays one more year with the Patriots, then retires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
He stays with the Patriots, which improve over the next few months. Then one last super bowl and a calling it quits speech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
I don't see him starting over somewhere. I think one more run at it with the Pats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
He's accepted less than market for years in exchange for having the best opportunity to win championships. He has multiple rings, it's time to cash in. He's playing the field to extract every last dime from the Pats now as the championship window is closing / has closed in his estimation.

He's not going to finish his career as an aging disappointment for another team and their fans.
+6

The man said it himself on a commercial during the "big game:" he's not going anywhere.

Frankly, I don't understand the hype. He didn't exactly have the best stats this year, though I feel if Antonio Brown hadn't come completely unglued they'd have made beautiful music together just to stick it to the Steelers who also imploded. I can't imagine he'd be able to carry a different team under a different system.

Summary: he's staying. He just figured out that it's cheaper to live outside of Massachusetts.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:43 PM

I'd bet he's with New England in 2020 unless they have someone already groomed to take his place. I haven't seen any indication they have one ready though, after trading Garapolo.

As a Packers fan in Wisconsin, I wish they'd trade the aging Rodgers and get some value picks while they can. The opposite of Brady, Rodgers is about passing statistics first and foremost. Whereas Brady is always trying to fire his team up, encourage them on, and do what it takes to win, Rodgers sulks and berates and tries to highlight the mistakes of his teammates so he doesn't take any blame. I'll admit Rodgers is still better than most, but he'll never win another title regardless of how good they build around him.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

A current rumor is that he will have the suitor teams come to him, not go on the free-agent tour like Peyton and other non-QB's have done.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
he wants another ring more then the money, cant say i blame him- so thats where he will go if anywhere . a team with a good chance for next year
+1. I think a ring is more important to Brady than money. No way he's going to another team unless they are already on the cusp of a Super Bowl.

Thinking Brady sticks with the Pats.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:23 PM

He’s handsome, but his wife is even handsomer.
Scott
Old 02-18-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
We found it interesting that he sold his place in MA, and purchased in lower CT.

Wonder what he's planning?

LarryK.

That’s still New England. [emoji4]

Kidding aside I think if he goes anywhere it will be the Raiders. Or another team with huge cap space. Or he might just retire and be the NE offensive coach.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerscreek View Post
I'd bet he's with New England in 2020 unless they have someone already groomed to take his place. I haven't seen any indication they have one ready though, after trading Garapolo.

As a Packers fan in Wisconsin, I wish they'd trade the aging Rodgers and get some value picks while they can. The opposite of Brady, Rodgers is about passing statistics first and foremost. Whereas Brady is always trying to fire his team up, encourage them on, and do what it takes to win, Rodgers sulks and berates and tries to highlight the mistakes of his teammates so he doesn't take any blame. I'll admit Rodgers is still better than most, but he'll never win another title regardless of how good they build around him.

Rodgers has been a better passer than Brady and most QB’s for several years now. But the thing that Brady has that Rodgers doesn’t is pre-snap wits, and getting the whole team fired up. Being a great QB is much more than passing the ball.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Rodgers has been a better passer than Brady and most QB’s for several years now. But the thing that Brady has that Rodgers doesn’t is pre-snap wits, and getting the whole team fired up. Being a great QB is much more than passing the ball.
Yep, Rodgers is the NFL's career passer rating leader. Brady is "only" 5th, 0.1 points behind Tony Romo. Not too shabby though.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:51 AM
Charter Member

I've always respected Brady, but if he continues to tease the Raiders before his inevitable signing with the Pats I might even start liking him.

A little
Old 03-06-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
I've always respected Brady, but if he continues to tease the Raiders before his inevitable signing with the Pats I might even start liking him.

A little
LOL. Big headline earlier this week was how 'poorly' the call went between Belichick and Brady <sigh>. Media pumping this up.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:49 PM

Local boy done good.

Personally, I'd rather see him hang it up while healthy. Nothing left to prove.

And if you think HE is an athlete, his sisters are even better!

Brady's Alma Mater, Serra HS in San Mateo, CA, has something going for it in it's Holy Water. Other notable graduates include Lynn Swann, Barry Bonds, and several Olympic Gold Medal swimmers.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
LOL. Big headline earlier this week was how 'poorly' the call went between Belichick and Brady <sigh>. Media pumping this up.

Yeah it’s a whole lot of nothing, just the media hyping it up. Brady and Belichick has a phone call...nobody knows exactly how it went. Also a friend of mine has inside scoops with the Raiders recruiting and he said they’re very close to close in a deal with TB12. But who knows, we will know for sure in two weeks.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Yeah it’s a whole lot of nothing, just the media hyping it up. Brady and Belichick has a phone call...nobody knows exactly how it went. Also a friend of mine has inside scoops with the Raiders recruiting and he said they’re very close to close in a deal with TB12. But who knows, we will know for sure in two weeks.
I wonder who's closer to a Championship run in 2020, the Raiders or Patriots? Assuming it's the Pats? Don't know why Brady would go to a team that wouldn't be one of the top few favorites. Same goes for every other player who is very late in their career.

I think it would be a great move for the Vegas Raiders but not so much for Brady unless all he wants is a bigger paycheck.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wonder who's closer to a Championship run in 2020, the Raiders or Patriots? Assuming it's the Pats? Don't know why Brady would go to a team that wouldn't be one of the top few favorites. Same goes for every other player who is very late in their career.

I think it would be a great move for the Vegas Raiders but not so much for Brady unless all he wants is a bigger paycheck.

Brady can make any rag tag team into super bowl contenders. The pats have been less than perfect on all those good seasons, even those when they ended up winning. It was the Brady/Belichick magic that made it all happen.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:46 PM

I think it's been shown in every league of every sport that it takes a team to make a championship run and win. Even though Brady had a number of excellent teammates last season, he didn't the players he had around him for years - and it showed. I do agree that if he's looking for a final two-year paycheck he might leave but if I was betting, I would say he stays in NE until the end.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic