The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-15-2020, 02:07 AM

Default Gibson - authentic?

Can any knowledgable folks tell me if this Gibson for sale on ebay is authentic or otherwise please? The seller is a known scammer in the world of watch collecting, he's just been outed again by one of the UK's leading Rolex authorities re a vintage Rolex diving watch, asking £25,000 yet worth much more if genuine. He is an unpleasant and threatening individual. I'm not looking to buy this guitar of course, just trying to get a little more info about his activities. Thanks for any help offered.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBSON-GUIT...&ul_noapp=true
Old 02-15-2020, 06:27 AM

While i am not 100% sure...usually an SG standard has a pearl logo on the headstock and not a silk screened one. That alone makes me suspicious
Old 02-15-2020, 02:17 PM

If the seller is a known scammer in the world or watch collecting then walk away. Don't even think about trying to buy from someone who is a scammer.

It looks like a Gibson SG II (see link below). Manufactured between 1972 and 76. The eBay guitar looks like the one in the link below.

https://www.guitar-list.com/gibson/e...s/gibson-sg-ii

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars