The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

Default Green Mountain Guitars !!!!

I jusy have to post and tell everyone about another great builder that we have here on the forum. Glen DeRusha of Green Mountain Guitars. In my opinion, Glen builds some of the best playing and sounding acoustics out there today. He also builds and prices for the common working man, so when you check out his site and see his base price, dont let that fool you. I have one of his customs, a Dread with wedge body, fanned frets, sound port and it is hands down one of the best acoustics I have ever played !
Here are my specs.....
Top-Sitka Spruce
Back and Sides-East Indian Rosewood
Scale lengths-25" and 25 3/4"
Neck width at Nut-1 3/4"
String spacing at the nut-1 14/32"
String spacing at the bridge-2 1/4"
Neck-Honduras Mahogany
Fingerboard- Ebony
Bridge-Ebony
Head cap-Ebony
Nut and saddle-Bone
Tuners-Chrome Shaller Mini's
Inlay-Abalone Mountain Image on Headcap and Abalone Tiara Crown on the 12th fret
Body length-20 3/8"
Width at lower bout-16"
Width at upper bout-11 7/16"
Width at waist-10 7/8"
Body depth at neck-4"
Body depth at butt-4 15/16"
Body depth at drivers side-4 1/4"
Body depth at passenger side-5"
Perfling-Black/White/Black on the top. Ebony on the back.
Binding-Body and Neck Flamed Maple.
Rosette-Ebony with Abalone Inlay
Case-Hardshell case included

http://www.greenmountainguitars.com/

I,ll try and get some pics posted.

Have a great day
Bill Wise
Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 AM

is this the same guitar you posted about recently that the bridge was starting to lift ????? did you ever get that fixed?????
Old 08-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Good memory rlouie ! Yes its the same acoustc, its all fixed up and as good as new !!!! Still gets better sounding everyday that I play it.

Was not Glens fault, I was like AAAAHHHHHHGGGGGGG when it fist happened, but after talking with some of our other great builders here on the site, it can and has happened most all builders at one time.

Glen worked with me, talked with me almost everyday. He is a great guy !!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill1962 View Post
Good memory rlouie ! Yes its the same acoustc, its all fixed up and as good as new !!!! Still gets better sounding everyday that I play it.

Was not Glens fault, I was like AAAAHHHHHHGGGGGGG when it fist happened, but after talking with some of our other great builders here on the site, it can and has happened most all builders at one time.

Glen worked with me, talked with me almost everyday. He is a great guy !!
that's good news, did someone locally fix it for you or did you send it back to Glen to repair????
Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
that's good news, did someone locally fix it for you or did you send it back to Glen to repair????

Glen said that I could send it back to him for repairs and he would do it for free, he would even cover shipping, but I was scared to ship it, I have read to many horror stories about acoustics getting damaged in shipping. There was a local builder about 100 miles from me that I drove over and checked him out. He did a great job, cant tell it was ever removed.

Even thou Glen did,nt do the repairs, he emailed me every day, the guy that did the repairs, sent pics before, during and after, and I sent them to Glen so he could give me his opinion.

Glen even offered to redo the repair if the local guy messed it up. But thank God that did,nt happen.

So its just my opinion, but I think Glen went above and beyond to make sure my guitar was right.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill1962 View Post
Glen said that I could send it back to him for repairs and he would do it for free, he would even cover shipping, but I was scared to ship it, I have read to many horror stories about acoustics getting damaged in shipping. There was a local builder about 100 miles from me that I drove over and checked him out. He did a great job, cant tell it was ever removed.

Even thou Glen did,nt do the repairs, he emailed me every day, the guy that did the repairs, sent pics before, during and after, and I sent them to Glen so he could give me his opinion.

Glen even offered to redo the repair if the local guy messed it up. But thank God that did,nt happen.

So its just my opinion, but I think Glen went above and beyond to make sure my guitar was right.
sounds like he did!!!! who's the local builder that you took it to????
Old 08-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
sounds like he did!!!! who's the local builder that you took it to????
His name is Joe Malik and he owns Casey Guitars in Three Rivers Tx. He builds custom guitars and does repairs. He is a member of the Guild Of American Luthiers. http://caseyguitarsoftexas.com/

Nice guy and does good work.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

I just talked with Glen, looks like there might be some new things in the works. Maybe a travel acoustic !!!!!

I,ll post some pics when I the full story.

So until then, keep on picking
Bill
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

I'm not too crazy about the headstock shape and logo.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperryrocks View Post

Thanks for the input jperryrocks. I will let Glen know. He wants to hear feedback from folks.

Thanks again
Bill
Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What do you want the headstock shape and logo to look like? Glen doesn't really care what the headstock shape is, within reason, or what the logo looks like, or if it even has a logo. There is no rule that says there has to be a logo. As long as you are happy with it and, it is not some kind of copyright infringement, I'm good with it. Ordering custom is kind of like Burger King. You can have it your way.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

I like the bound one with the binding on it that has a simple curve. Maybe even offer a traditional squared off or a slot as well.

When it comes to acoustics, a classy lookin' headstock can make the difference bewteen somebody buying it or not.

Even though the guitar may be stellar, the ones on most the GM's look way too busy and jaged. It screams cheaper import and takes away from the guitar.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I like the bound one with the binding on it that has a simple curve. Maybe even offer a traditional squared off or a slot as well.

When it comes to acoustics, a classy lookin' headstock can make the difference bewteen somebody buying it or not.

Even though the guitar may be stellar, the ones on most the GM's look way too busy and jaged. It screams cheaper import and takes away from the guitar.
Glen will build with just about any headstock design that the customer wants, as long as there is no copyright infringement, so you can get the headstock of your choice. I,ll have Glen shoot me some more pics and get them up.

Have a great evening
Bill
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

I,m working on getting some more pics of Glens work. Sorry for taking so long.

Have a great day everyone !
Bill
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop