The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-01-2023, 07:34 PM

Default Max Gain with Drum Pad?

Roland SPDS electronic drum pad. Not getting enough gain plugging straight into 30M. Using Mic level any problem? Or is using a mixer the way to go? Some guy at GC said I need a DI box?
Old 12-01-2023, 08:36 PM

Can you please describe the connections you're using, i.e. which outputs from the drum pad, the cable, and then the input on the 30M. [TS to XLR, TS to TS, TRS to XLR?]
I'd try a dual TS out of the drum pad Master Left and Right out to a male XLR to the 30M. That's how I connect my keyboards and I get a very strong signal.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:14 PM

I'm using a single TS cable from mono out of the drum pad.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:34 PM

Do you have a DI box? If so, try this into a mic input. That should provide more than enough gain.
Martin D-18MD, Martin OM-21, Martin CEO-7, Martin J-40, Martin 000-1, Guild D-55, Guild D-140, Gibson SJ-200, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Frank Hannon Love Dove, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Furch Gc-SR Red Deluxe, Furch Yellow Masters Choice, Larrivee P-03ww, Kawaii piano, mandolines, drumsets, doublebass, Fender Jazzbass, ...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification