The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-11-2014, 11:38 AM

Cool Any Info on New Masters Guitars?

I'm doing some research and find very little about New Millennium Guitars, designed by Larry Cooperman, and handcrafted in China. If anyone has any information (good or bad) please ad your 2 cents.

I figured out why the lack of information...they are called New Masters Guitars, and there was a wealth of information on the Delcamp site.

Glen
Gibson LP Deluxe/ES-347 TD/Chet Atkins CE
Fender MIA Deluxe Strat
Art & Lutherie 12-string
Bellucci Concert
Sigma CR-7
Recording King ROS-06 FE3/RPH-05
D'Angelico "New Yorker"
New Masters "Esperance SP"
Hermosa AH-20
“I never met a guitar I didn't like.”

Last edited by scottishrogue; 01-17-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:03 PM

Larry Cooperman ?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:37 PM

Look him up on Delcamp. He and his guitars get mixed reviews. I've spoken with him on a number of occasions about his guitars and he has always been prompt and professional. Almost pulled the trigger on one but I couldn't get the options that I wanted. For what it's worth, the guitars of his that I've seen do look to be well constructed, tho admittedly I haven't seen one in person.

I was able to find out the name of the factory that builds his guitars, but I think I've lost that email. I know that you can contact them and custom order a guitar, but I think they have a 2 guitar minimum. But 2 guitars direct is about the same as 1 guitar from New Millenium.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:58 PM

Cool New Masters Guitars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronius View Post
Look him up on Delcamp. Hope that helps!
Thanks, I will check on Delcamp again, but like you say...the reviews are mixed, but maybe I can find someone there that has seen or played one of his guitars.

UPDATE: I pulled the trigger and purchased the New Masters "Esperance SP" and it arrived earlier this week. It's a "heavy" build, weighing more than a typical solid wood classical, but high-quality construction. The sound of this lattice braced solid Englemann spruce/rosewood with a braceless arched back is absolutely fabulous. The finish is high-gloss and flawless. With a soundport on the upper bout, the raised fretboard, extra half fret, unique rosette, and armrest, it's an eyecatcher, with tons of volume with tone to match! I'm glad I decided to take the risk, and I'm amazed that this guitar sounds this fabulous. To say I'm a happy camper would be an understatement!

Glen
Gibson LP Deluxe/ES-347 TD/Chet Atkins CE
Fender MIA Deluxe Strat
Art & Lutherie 12-string
Bellucci Concert
Sigma CR-7
Recording King ROS-06 FE3/RPH-05
D'Angelico "New Yorker"
New Masters "Esperance SP"
Hermosa AH-20
“I never met a guitar I didn't like.”

Last edited by scottishrogue; 01-18-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=aeronius;3775203]Look him up on Delcamp. He and his guitars get mixed reviews. I've spoken with him on a number of occasions about his guitars and he has always been prompt and professional. Almost pulled the trigger on one but I couldn't get the options that I wanted. For what it's worth, the guitars of his that I've seen do look to be well constructed, tho admittedly I haven't seen one in person.

Hi folks,

The guitars were called New Masters and yes, I designed them and had them made in China.

Delcamp is the Wild West. I suppose you can imagine that another brand and an unscrupulous owner will sabotage another's brand by making false accounts and attacking the competition. That's exactly what happened to me and when I defended my brand, and myself a little too vociferously, they kicked me off of Delcamp.

Through a personal tragedy, I closed New Millennium Guitar down, stopped the brand, and went about learning how to write novels. I continued to compose classical guitar music but instrumental music is a beautiful abstraction and I felt the need to do something with more concrete meaning.

The guitars were very good.

Last edited by Tratsl; 06-29-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:34 PM

^^^^^^

Wow. Five and a half years after the last post....
Kremona Kiano
Ramsay Hauser
Cordoba C10
Chris Walsh Archtop
Gardiner Concert
Taylor Leo Kottke
Gretsch 6120
Pavan TP30
Aria A19c
Hsienmo MJ

Ukuleles:
Cocobolo 5 string Tenor
Kanilea K3 Koa
Kanilea K1 Walnut Tenor
Kala Super Tenor
Rebel Super Concert
Nehemiah Covey Tenor
Mainland Mahogany Tenor
Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Tenor

Last edited by jimmy bookout; 07-02-2020 at 10:50 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical