The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM

Default I agree Joel...

That is a BEAUTIFUL guitar! I hope it makes it to Memphis!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:10 PM

Default Please Make Reservations NOW!

I just spoke with the Hilton in Memphis regarding the Memphis Guitar Festival and was told that they have received more reservations in the first 5 days (that the reservations have been open), then they have had for ANY OTHER EVENT - GO MEMPHIS!

If you are planning on coming PLEASE make your reservations ASAP.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
I just got a video from my friend Richard Smith on Fingerstyle Orchestration. Take a look, some of the best 4 minutes a music lover could spend...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xDmZVckZiQ. Watch it to the end...it just keeps getting better!
5 min with Richard is always worthwhile!

Harv
Old 08-22-2014, 07:44 PM
AGF Sponsor

The Memphis hotel rates are quite modest compared to the Santa Rosa hotel rates. Except in my case, I stay at home for the Healdsburg event. Thank you for the heads up, Bob, I got mine.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
The Memphis hotel rates are quite modest compared to the Santa Rosa hotel rates. Except in my case, I stay at home for the Healdsburg event. Thank you for the heads up, Bob, I got mine.
HA, Bruce...you've had it too easy in Healdsburg. Time for the Healdsburg gang to venture into the heartland in the odd years, while we make the trek west in the even years. What magnificent instrument are you going to bring us?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:53 PM

Default Michael Chapdelaine

For you listening pleasure, here is Michael Chapdelaine's Workshop video. When I first met Michael, I jammed with him for awhile...sort of like having a Martin OM-45 and an old Stella in the same room. Just shows that Michael's a really good sport and I have absolutely no shame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYi4VZtSCw
Old 08-28-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
For you listening pleasure, here is Michael Chapdelaine's Workshop video. When I first met Michael, I jammed with him for awhile...sort of like having a Martin OM-45 and an old Stella in the same room. Just shows that Michael's a really good sport and I have absolutely no shame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYi4VZtSCw
I do like Chapdelaine! Why is he not better known?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:52 AM

Default Sam Pacetti

Another fabulous workshop by my friend Sam Pacetti for The Memphis Guitar Festival. The name of the workshop is "Accelerated Guitar Development"; learning and evolving greater technique, dexterity, fluidity, chops and freedom on your instrument by getting more in tune with your body. Sam is a fantastic guitarist; I'm sure you will enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ygl3SK4eQ

If you are planning on making reservations, PLEASE do so soon. I reserved 250 rooms - sold out in 5 days; reserved another 100 rooms - sold that out in a week. I'm not sure how many rooms I can save, but if you try (can only make reservations through my website www.MemphisGuitarFest.com) and it is denied, keep trying. I'm negotiating for more now! If for some reason, you can't get reservations, please PM me.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Bob,
A little bird told me today is your birthday. We wish you a very happy, joy filled day as you celebrate another day on planet earth.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Smile Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Hi Bob,
A little bird told me today is your birthday. We wish you a very happy, joy filled day as you celebrate another day on planet earth.
Oh Yes Tim/Mary, the little bird was correct. Unlike other years, spent a quite day/dinner with my girl friend and her daughters. They were probably a bit frustrated, as my full time thoughts are on the Memphis Show. They would say somethinig (which I probably didn't hear ), then would mention something exciting that I was going to do at the 2015 AND the 2017 show. I'm probably not good company these days, unless people are excited about my vision I'm meeting with a bunch of people in Memphis next month, to create some very special events (that no one knows about yet) for both of these shows that will be REAL adventures for all attending...historical & musical things that just couldn't be done anyplace else in this country! As hard as this festival is to put on...it's making EVERY day a birthday - thanks for the good wishes!!!
Old 11-16-2014, 11:31 AM

Fantastic prep and organization! Looking good, Bob! Congratulations! I even know some of these folks, so hope to make it myself!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:32 AM

Default Memphis Guitar Festival

Hey Joel, What are you going to bring to the show? I'm having some beauties made for it!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:57 PM

Finally a guitar show I can go to! Thanks for putting all of this together, and see you next summer.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:17 PM

Default Memphis

BGS, make your reservations early, while the prices are still cheap (only $119.00 per night plus taxes), until the block runs out. Also if you're interested in the Graceland catered dinner (exclusive to the festival), it's already 40% sold out.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 PM

Default 2015 Memphis Guitar Festival

A NEW announcement! I've been working on this for two months and it finally happened this week. Not only do we have Graceland for Saturday night, but we are taking over B.B. King's on Beale Street for Friday night. I've got free passes for everyone (no cover), the house band will be made up of great musicians from the festival and MANY, MANY guest appearances. A great time will be had by all. This will be one fun weekend! Bring your wallet (for new guitars) and your party hats!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop