The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 11-21-2020, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Default New single "Remembrance" video/Spotify release (Solo Guitar)

Hi folks,

Hope everyone passing through is safe and well. I wanted to share a song I just had released worldwide today on Spotify, Apple, Amazon and all other outlets. It's a tune in CGDGCD with capo at the 2nd, a wonderful tuning I discovered from Martin Simpson some time ago that I've really enjoyed the last two years.

I wrote this tune based on an experience last Autumn walking through my neighborhood at midnight - the smoke billowing from the chimneys for the first time of the year, the warm light from the windows of houses with families getting ready for bed, leaves rustling along the sidewalk while I sipped my 3rd or 4th beer walking in the peaceful calm of the evening. It left a very profound feeling on me that led me to compose 90% of the tune in one sitting that night. I decided to name it Remembrance, after these peaceful feelings we experience in our lives, along with the momentary chaos in between which you can hear at certain motifs in the tune.

I hope you enjoy and hope it takes you somewhere. This tune is available on Spotify at the link, I hope you enjoy it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5pXCn...TcC8nTjDN7kv2Q

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases