The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Default Ashton Explorer 150 PA

Can anyone tell me how to run a monitor speaker off my Ashton Explorer 150 PA system.

As each of the fitted speakers only have one jack input I don't see how I can run both speakers from one channel and a monitor from the other.

I was told I can run a speaker from the line our but have never done this before and if so what exactly would I need to do this!

Any ideas appreciated
Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 AM

You can use the line out jack by running a cable from it to the input of a self-powered speaker like the JBL Eon 510, Berhinger Eurolive B210D or other similar powered speaker. You could also use the line out jack to feed a power amplifier which would then power a monitor speaker that doesn't have a built-in power amplifier. In the first example, all you would need is the powered (active) speaker and a cable with an RCA phono plug on one end to connect to the line out jack of the Explorer 150 and a 1/4 phone plug on the other end to connect to the powered speaker.

Last edited by Herb Hunter; 11-17-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Default Ashton Explorer 150 PA

Thanks Herb

Now I have some direction I will go for the line out option and see how I go!

Cheers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification