The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Moving this from the bottom summary to the top - only looking for opinions on the following: SO, long story short, has anyone installed a second, standalone bottom strap button on their guitar? If so, where did you install it? Any regrets? Would you do it again? Photos would be great if you have them!

Here's the rest of the story.

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I have a wonderful Martin D-1 custom guitar that I adore. This is the first guitar I've owned (out of some 35 over the past 8 years) that I honestly can't imagine I'll ever sell. As such I made the decision shortly after buying it to make modifications to it like adding a front strap button and having the bottom button drilled out for a pickup system. So that 'keep it stock' mentality has been broken.

When I'm playing plugged in I'm generally confident in the guitar strap but when not I worry about the strap slipping off and the guitar crashing to the floor. It's happened a few times but I've always caught it. I like using strap locks and do so on my Cole Clark guitars which have the jack located offset from the bottom strap button. I tried the little jack extender that has a convenient strap button away from the input jack but it does not work with my preferred strap lock system.
this is what I think you'll be looking for. looks like someone already posted this..

https://www.amazon.com/MusicNomad-Ac...7054510&sr=8-6

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion