The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-06-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Our friend John Jorgenson was using a Tak w/ ToneDexter last summer on the Elton John tour. He was very pleased with it.

During development, we tested several Takamines with Dexter. It worked great with and without the cooltube feature engaged. It worked best if trained with cooltube off, then use it or not during playback to taste.
I am guessing that the older Matons with undersaddle without the internal mic system could seriously benefit from a Tonedexter...if any of the approx 3 Maton readers are listening. The old ones are nice sounding pickups, I have never owned one but heard many live, but still have some 'piezo quackeroonies' that could be Dexterized!

But I wouldn't buy the TD just for what I did with the newer model Matons I have - it is just one of the things you do when you already own the TD and have your other guitars sorted.....'Hmmm, let's try.....' Options, options....

BluesKing777.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:53 AM

I put an Anthem in a Martin D18 - I owned it a full month before getting the Anthem installed, I just didn't hear any difference in the non-amplified tone or voice of the guitar once the Anthem was in place. Maybe I don't have "dog ears" but I honestly did not find any difference when practicing without amplification from the time before and after I had the Anthem installed.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

I didn't want under saddle. So I removed the Thinline in my 000-15 and installed a Lyric. Works good, output is a little weak though. Rickey Skaggs says to use the Venue DI with it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification