The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 08-08-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Interesting comments. Gentle comments. What strikes me is that everything Glenn Frey carped about, scooping, fall-off, etc... they are doing it in droves in this concert. People complain that the latest edition of the Eagles sounds like a cover band. THIS sounds like an Eagles cover band, and not a particularly good one, in fact. You can see why they worked so hard to improve the brand, and with later concerts, such as the one at the Capital Center in March 1977, you see them becoming a much tighter vocal group, probably the standard by which others were judged. I didn't get through this video. My lovely wife, a trained soprano who loves the Eagles, looked over at me during the playback and asked, "Who the heck is THIS?

Sorry. There's one in every crowd.

Bob
As I mature I become less and less inclined to speak out against other people's proclivities.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
If you like the early Eagles, this is for you! :
Really great. Thanks. What a hunk Glenn was.

Last edited by mc1; 08-09-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:12 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
As I mature I become less and less inclined to speak out against other people's proclivities.
Ah, yes. A quote from me. But my description of their proclivities was positive:
Quote:
You can see why they worked so hard to improve the brand, and with later concerts, such as the one at the Capital Center in March 1977, you see them becoming a much tighter vocal group, probably the standard by which others were judged.
Definition of "proclivity:"a tendency to choose or do something regularly; an inclination or predisposition toward a particular thing." Their proclivity was towards a work ethic that led them towards excellence, an excellence that they eventually reached.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 08-09-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Ah, yes. A quote from me. But my description of their proclivities was positive.

Bob
That was kind of rude of me and definitely unwarranted as you were only expressing your honest opinion. My apologies. You are a knowledgeable and helpful person.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
That was kind of rude of me and definitely unwarranted as you were only expressing your honest opinion. My apologies. You are a knowledgeable and helpful person.
Thank you sir. We all have our moments. Perhaps I was too harsh in my evaluation.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 08-10-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Thank you sir. We all have our moments.
Thank you for being gracious.

Quote:
Perhaps I was too harsh in my evaluation.
Now that a little time has passed, I can see the brilliance of saying the early Eagles sound like a not particularly good Eagles cover band.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

What a joy! Thanks for posting.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

Last edited by KarenB; 08-10-2020 at 05:14 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN