The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Recommendations for Rack Reverb/ Delay

I'm getting ready for my summer concerts and would like to upgrade my reverb unit. I've got a Lexicon LXP-15II. It's got great effects but it has a hiss to it. I'm assuming it's just low quality components and it doesn't use balanced cabling.

So I'm looking for a rack unit that is very quiet with quality components. I'm only after reverb and stereo delay effects. This will be used for live performing.

I would appreciate any recommendations and I know what's out there so what I'm really interested in is hearing what you use or what you've actually experienced.

Thanks so much
Old 03-06-2012, 12:25 PM

Forgot to mention that my budget is $200-$300 and I'm not afraid of used equipment.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:38 PM

I would up the budget just a bit and go for a used Kurzweil Rumour.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Hi David,

There are literally tons of very good used rackmount FX processors available due to the proliferation of digital consoles. Many of the big audio companies are selling off their rack inventory very cheaply. I would contact a couple of larger ones in your area and see what they have to sell used. You could probably even try before you buy.

Good luck!

j

Taylor 714ce
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM

I've had really good success with the TC Electronic G Sharp unit. No noise for me...they are discontinued but can be found inexpensively well within your budget. You'll get reverb and delay out of it...

But for a more dedicated reverb, you should look into the vintage Roland SDE Units. I've got an SDE-2500 that really blows everything else away. You can find these within your budget as well.

Have fun...

-EH
Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM

I got my Kurzweil Rumour on gearslutz for $250. Totally worth it, great bargain. If you can find one it Rocks!

2005 Lakewood D54 - Sunrise and Dazzos
2004 Taylor Big Baby - K&K Trinity
SR Technology Jam 400 + QSC K10
TC Electronic 2240
Kurzweil Rumour
(Digitech 2120 for electric duties at home)
Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 PM

TC Electronics M-One XL is killer. Used prices are good. New it's not bad either.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Well I played around with my Lexicon LXP 15 II and after changing the setup a bit was able to get rid of the hiss. I still think it has some low quality components in it that will cause some problems but I also think I can minimize it with the way I wire it.

The Kurzweil and the TC Electronics units mentioned above are intriguing. I will definately consider both if I end up purchasing something.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification