The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-16-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
It is all good, though I think Kramster has some catching up to do.

Tony
Resting up just in case...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-16-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
In the piano forums, there is a digital piano sub-forum. There, it seems that people want a digital exact replica in every respect, of a traditional acoustic piano. I want to see digital pianos surpass their acoustic counterparts with smoother keyboard action and none of the "clunkiness" and need for expensive maintenance. I therefore thoroughly enjoy my digital piano and am not waiting for some manufacturer to make one that is just like an acoustic in every way.

Tony
I am loving my Pianoteq software (have all the main grands) ...and all the different keyboards as controllers and various headphones and monitors to explore...yikes...can never sound exactly like the real thing but close enough...a lot sound better to me than the real thing..really fun... just cuts into my guitar budget.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Guest 928

It seems to me that every maker has advocates on this forum. Indeed. a number of forum members have tasted just about every CF guitar made. I've had several Rainsongs, one of which has stuck around on its solid merits. Blackbird has continually arrived at my home with such innovative instruments as the Riders and the super OM. Emerald, as noted, has been getting a lot of attention from me and others.

I don't see myself as a sales person for Alistair--heck, I am paying him for the pleasure of his time, labor and innovation. The primary difference between Emerald and the other makers is turn around. Rainsong and Blackbird have been very deliberative, and some might say slow, to bring out new models, in part because of the great expense for molds, materials and labor. Alistair has developed new techniques that allow him (and us) to innovate at an incredible pace.

I don't view any of the makers as startups--they are evolutionary, not static, not lost in the past. They have all produced past models that do not compete with their contemporary products--that's not because their past models were not worthy, it's because of constant R&D. My Apple computer of 30 years ago would not compete well with what I now operate, but it did what I wanted.

Well, I got that off my chest.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Resting up just in case...

....but only the wood guitars
Old 12-16-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
....but only the wood guitars

Those are the cases in this case

Old 12-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Guest 928

If 22 guitars were shipped on Friday, and my guitar was in the batch, should I be receiving a shipping notice? (cause I haven't).

A related question: were there two different batches noted on Facebook? I am not on Facebook but one friend tells me that my guitar was not noted in one batch but was noted in another.

Confused in Nevada.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
If 22 guitars were shipped on Friday, and my guitar was in the batch, should I be receiving a shipping notice? (cause I haven't).

A related question: were there two different batches noted on Facebook? I am not on Facebook but one friend tells me that my guitar was not noted in one batch but was noted in another.

Confused in Nevada.
What is confusing is that this thread was actually about the shipment two Fridays ago. Yours is in this past Friday’s group, shown here. https://m.facebook.com/EmeraldGuitar...6007415188386/. Those are in this thread...
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=531411

Though I would ask Kevin or Alistair for your tracking number, as mine is in the same shipment as yours, and I got my tracking number email on Friday.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 12-17-2018, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Confused in Nevada.
I see that WW answered your "which batch is which" question. As long as they (Emerald) didn't put your guitar back to be shipped a week or so later, it should have gone last Friday. Good thing you aren't anxious to get it.

Your friend,
Old 12-17-2018, 06:11 PM

My guitar was in the December 14 shipment as well and I did not get a tracking number either. I contacted Emerald and Kevin kindly provided it.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 12-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I am loving my Pianoteq software (have all the main grands) ...and all the different keyboards as controllers and various headphones and monitors to explore...yikes...can never sound exactly like the real thing but close enough...a lot sound better to me than the real thing..really fun... just cuts into my guitar budget.
Multiple interests can compete for attention. In the Open Mic section, we read of folks driving fun sports cars, buying expensive cameras, weapons, etc., as well as guitars. It is good to have wealth, and these forums are a great place to celebrate it among friends.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 12-17-2018, 07:05 PM
Guest 928

Wicked;

I am not on Facebook, faceless and unable to hack the site. Alas!

Captain;

No anxiety here, its all cool, everything's turning up roses, it's all good, my dog sings and so do our guitars. Looking forward--anticipation, not anxiety.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:34 AM

Dear Confused in Nevada,

Bummer.

Sincerely ,
An extra average boy.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Guest 928

eXTRA aVERAGE bOY;

gOT pICTURES, gUITAR iN tRANSIT. tRACKING # iN hAND. aLL iS wELL.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
eXTRA aVERAGE bOY;

gOT pICTURES, gUITAR iN tRANSIT. tRACKING # iN hAND. aLL iS wELL.
Some fancy typestry right there. no wonder you are my fav Unc ever..at least in the top 5 or 10 or... ok the top .024 %. ( Which by the way is barely achievable ). ...I wanna see photos of you holding a particular new X10....it’ll be the bestest Christmassy photo by far.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Guest 928

YUP
YUP

YUP

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber