The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-27-2019, 08:04 PM

Default amplifying an electric

I had a thought; put a mic in front of a small electric guitar amp an run the mic thru my fishman soloamp. will this work in a live setting or am I asking for trouble; with feedback.thanks.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:13 PM

It's the same idea as micing a guitar amp/cab and sending it to FOH, just your FOH is the Solo Amp. It would work. I'm just curious as to why...for tone shaping through the amp? For distortion? Seems to me that a pedal board or multi effects unit would offer more flexibility.

Are you talking about doing this to run an electric guitar through your Solo Amp? If that's the case, again it will work, but there are plenty of preamps designed to handle this chore, or again, a multi effects unit would have onboard effects and amp simulators with fewer hookups required.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:54 PM

Default amplifying an electric

Hi ;I know I asked this before but I can't find the thread here for some reason. I want to play my Tele thru my Fishman soloamp . I thought I'd put a mic in front of the amp and input the mic thru the soloamp. Like a PA.Someone made a suggestion of using some sort of "pedal" thru the soloamp.Is this possible? I don't play loud or distorted.Thanks.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
I thought I'd put a mic in front of the amp and input the mic thru the soloamp.
I have no idea what you're actually asking, but the result of this will be a major feedback orgy ...
Old 07-12-2019, 04:28 PM

your best shot at making this work is some kind of pre-amp / multi-fx box/pedal/what ever, plug the tele IN TO that, then from the output of that pre-amp, in to the solo amp.

otherwise your mixing apples with grapes.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 PM

If you are playing clean, couldn’t you just try plugging right in and see what you get. If your amp has a phones output (I’m guessing no), you could experiment running your amp into the aux input. You could get a really simple amp modeling pedal. Mileage may vary on getting a tone and response similar to your electric guitar amp.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Hi ;I know I asked this before but I can't find the thread here for some reason. I want to play my Tele thru my Fishman soloamp . I thought I'd put a mic in front of the amp and input the mic thru the soloamp. Like a PA.Someone made a suggestion of using some sort of "pedal" thru the soloamp.Is this possible? I don't play loud or distorted.Thanks.
The Fishman Soloamp has active buffered high impedance inputs for the 1/4" jacks. That means they can accept either passive or active pickups and your Telecaster can be plugged directly into the input. You don't need anything else.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Threads merged.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:09 PM

yeah ,i'm confusing i guess. i did try going right into the soloamp but i just don't like the way it sounds.i guess there is nothing like a good old tube amp sound.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I had a thought; put a mic in front of a small electric guitar amp an run the mic thru my fishman soloamp. will this work in a live setting or am I asking for trouble; with feedback.thanks.
I must be missing something. In the size venue you would use a Solo Amp ,
why not just play through the Guitar amp, and forget trying to go into the Solo ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I'm going to guess that what you're really trying to ask is "Can I use my Soloamp as if it were a small PA system?", and I think the answer is "yes." If you can run a vocal mic into it, there's no reason you can't run a mic'd cab/amp into it. A mic is a mic. If you're getting the sound you want from your guitar amp and just want to use the Solamp to get better dispersion and maybe a bit of EQ control and maybe some volume boost, I don't see why that's a problem.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars