The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmct View Post
Lexus' are great cars. They are also, in most people's view (and in fact), simply somewhat fancier Toyotas. Not boutique low production cars. You are making my point for me.
Totally off op's topic but in the same vane the Lexus I owned in many ways was better than both a BMW and a Benz I also used to own in every parameter.

Last edited by hifivic; 11-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifivic View Post
Totally off op's topic but in the same vane the Lexus I owned in many ways was better than both a BMW and a Benz I also used to own in every parameter.
Nothing is off-topic in this thread, LOL. I had the same experience (see a couple pages back). My GL450 had nearly $7k in repairs and maintenance in 2017-2018, while my RX 350 has had a total of $150 in 2018-2019. The GL was like riding on a cloud, but not when it was in the shop.

(Excluding the new tires I purchased for it today)
Old 11-14-2019, 08:36 PM

I don't know what Japanese cars have to do with Chinese guitars? my OP was just looking for opinions on Bourgeois partnering with Chinese. Not saying Eastman doesn't make good instruments but imo the brand will suffer in some way. For now I plan to cancel the purchase and wait it out,, maybe later after I see the outcome. Meantime I got a new Collings! Thanks for all the response.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Can you imagine someone saying: I played a Martin for the first, and only time about 20 years ago. Not sure of the model, but it was a dread, and it remains one of the most lifeless and unimpressive guitars I've ever held.

Unfortunately, as they say, you never get a second chance to make a first impression...???

It makes absolutely no sense.
Ok I’ll say it. I played a Martin D28 Marquis built in the 90’s once that was a dog.
True Story
Now I own a delightful D18

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 11-14-2019, 09:28 PM

Thanks for all 109 responses to this thread. The OP has purchased a Collings so I think it is time for this thread to move to closed boxed.

Thanks all.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion