The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Default Need Help finding a Case

I have a new Martin GPCPA1 and I'm looking for a good quality hard shell case to fit it. It fits in my Taylor 514 case just fine but I'm not having much luck elsewhere and I need my 514 case for the Taylor. If anyone knows of a case that fits this beasty properly, I'd be most grateful. I spoke to Ameritage and they have one that 'almost' fits it for only $450.!! YIKES! I'm thinking more like $100 to $150. I have 3 Ameritage cases for other guitars that I own and they're well worth the money but that's not the budget for this GPCPA1.
Thanks!
Driftwood SugarBear, SSB, DaVinci
Taylor 710, 514, T5-S,T3
Alvarez AP-70
Breedlove N.W.12 string & C25
Kinscherff 12
Regal Reso
Hot Rod Dobro
Weissenborn
McPherson MG X 5.0
G & L Bass
Fender Strat, Jazz Bass
Peerless Monarch, Tonemaster
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 PM

Don't all Martin guitars come w/a case? Check their Website, and if so find out which make/model case it was. Then research that case to get the dimensions. Then google/search for a case w/those dimensions.
Or...you can do what I often do when I buy a used guitar w/o case. Check the pawnshops. Pawnshop (in my experience) give nothing for the case when they take guitars in. The entire amount given is based on the value of the guitar alone. Therefore they have little to nothing in the cases they have. And may sell them for cheap. I've purchased harsdshell cases for as little as $10. The average is $25-$30. Take your guitar with you to get a good fit.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:31 PM

I just googled GPCPA1. According to both the Martin website and an online retailer, the comes GPCPA1 with a "375PA Hardshell - Brown" case. If you bought it new, the case should have been included.

Did you buy it online?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 PM

where did you buy it from? should have come with a case.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Maybe talk to your local Martin dealer or one of the sponsor's here about ordering a case from Martin? At least that way you'd be getting a perfect fit.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up You are Right!

Gentlemen, you are absolutely right, the GPCPA1 did come with a case but it is the cheapest p.o.s. that I've ever received with any Martin I've ever bought (I think I'm up to about 9 new ones by now). It is a 3 hasp, flat top case that I would expect to see with a $300.00 guitar, not a $3,800 Martin. (My impression of what a $40 case should be!) I told my friends at the store where I bought the guitar that I didn't want that case and that I just wouldn't have it. They've been trying to find me something more to my liking but not having much success with the fit. They agreed that the case was definitely falling far short of what Martin usually provides. So, we shall continue looking for something better. Thanks for your input...
Driftwood SugarBear, SSB, DaVinci
Taylor 710, 514, T5-S,T3
Alvarez AP-70
Breedlove N.W.12 string & C25
Kinscherff 12
Regal Reso
Hot Rod Dobro
Weissenborn
McPherson MG X 5.0
G & L Bass
Fender Strat, Jazz Bass
Peerless Monarch, Tonemaster

Last edited by Da Sugarbear; 05-13-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Mispelled a woid!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
case help, martin gpcpa1, searching