The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-01-2022, 04:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I am playing with a friend on Friday. I know from the last time we played together that his guitar pickup is some kind of system with a custom balanced XLR cable that needs phantom power. I have no idea if this system needs a full 48v. Just in case, I ordered one of these. I will try it first without and only use it if I have to. I will have it on standby for any time I need full 48v in the future:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...m-power-supply
I agree that it's a drag that the EV isn't equipped with 48v phantom power, but I also picked up one of these units suggested by lkingston and it works great. Very compact and it's rechargeable. And I think it's a bargain at 50 bucks.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:01 PM

Default No Love For Electro-Voice 50M?

The column design really doesn’t work well with big LDC mics anyway. You’re just asking for feedback even trying.

Most phantom powered stage mics that you might want to use live work fine with 15v. The Neumann KS-105 is an exception.

Last edited by lkingston; 08-02-2022 at 08:29 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification