The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-05-2016, 01:09 PM

Default Amateur feedback

Hey everyone

I've posted this already on the "record" section. But I was advised to put it here for better feedback ^^

So yea, any feedback ( negative or positive) will greatly be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPPlY95HmM
Old 07-06-2016, 09:20 PM

What do you think you'd want to improve after watching your video?

My own ears tell me articulation could be better. Some passages come off as muddled together and difficult to hear the notes like around 1:18-1:20 mark. Sort like a person mumbling...you know you hear something but aren't quite sure what the person is trying to say--only in this case it's musical mumbling.

Some finger movement seems excessive and lacking control with the pull- offs in the beginning.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusca View Post
What do you think you'd want to improve after watching your video?

My own ears tell me articulation could be better. Some passages come off as muddled together and difficult to hear the notes like around 1:18-1:20 mark. Sort like a person mumbling...you know you hear something but aren't quite sure what the person is trying to say--only in this case it's musical mumbling.

Some finger movement seems excessive and lacking control with the pull- offs in the beginning.
Sorry for the awfully late reply, was very busy during the week

I want to improve my tempo. I can't seem to tell at certain parts when I should rush things, and when I should slow it down a bit. Obviously my musical theory knowledge is very low. I mainly rely on my ears to remember certain sections of Estas Tonne's "Golden Dragon" song.

So I try to make up for it by playing excessively, and disregarding the golden rule that states that "being slow and accurate, is more important than being fast and sloppy"

I've been practicing the song itself at a very slow pace, but when I get down to it, I just wanna play it fast for some reason, it's like I lose control, which is quite silly and shouldn't happen.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
Sorry for the awfully late reply, was very busy during the week

I want to improve my tempo. I can't seem to tell at certain parts when I should rush things, and when I should slow it down a bit. Obviously my musical theory knowledge is very low. I mainly rely on my ears to remember certain sections of Estas Tonne's "Golden Dragon" song.

So I try to make up for it by playing excessively, and disregarding the golden rule that states that "being slow and accurate, is more important than being fast and sloppy"

I've been practicing the song itself at a very slow pace, but when I get down to it, I just wanna play it fast for some reason, it's like I lose control, which is quite silly and shouldn't happen.
The hardest part of playing guitar is the patience it takes. Keep it up, play slow and steady. Speed will come on its own. We all tend to rush things.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write