The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 01:54 PM

Default Kyser A12 strings

Perusing Amazon for a deal too good to be true on strings, I ran across a 3 pack of Martin SPs that go for $12.99. Not available until September, so then I ran across the Kyser A12 12-16-25-32-42-52 for $6/set. For that price, I'll try anything with a name brand on it. They're 92/8. Stayed tuned for a review. In the meantime, anyone here try them? Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

I didn't know that Kyser sells strings, but they are indeed on Amazon. Let us know what you think of them.
Gibson J-45 Standard
Breedlove Pursuit Concerto CE
Takamine F400S 12-string
Yamaha FG800
Citation CIT8000 "The Survivor"
Electrics:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (2004)
Old 08-12-2020, 02:58 PM

Default Update

The strings arrived today, and I put a set on my Takamine P5DC, which had been wearing a set of EB Paradigms on it since late March.

The string gauges are actually 12-16-24 (not 25)-32-42-53 (not 52).
So far so good. The ball ends are kind of color coded alternating brass to silver on every other string. Packaging--not that it's THAT important--is not great. Thick paper outer wrap. Single clear stiff plastic inner wrap, which held all six strings. Strings high e and B, and G and D are wrapped as a pair. And low E and A were by themselves, so the color coding was a big help in keeping the strings straight. They stretched more than most strings I've been using lately. I'm pleased with the tone so far. They seem to be notably squeakier than just anmbout any other string I've ever used. The transducer pickup on my Tak really accentuates that when playing plugged in. At $6/set, I'm not disappointed and may purchase more.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion