The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-01-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMays View Post
The neck and headstock on that thing is absolutely stunning!
Old 03-01-2021, 09:03 PM
Charter Member

Nice rig!!!
Old 03-01-2021, 09:06 PM

Classic tone, understated look, love it!
Old 03-01-2021, 09:13 PM

WOW!... just... WOW!

Martin D-28 Satin
Fender American Ultra Telecaster
Old 03-03-2021, 08:02 PM

well i took possession of my Edmonds today and all i can say is the hype is real, people on here that know me know that i am fortunate to have and have had some of the nicest guitars available, and i can say without hesitation the Edmonds is on a whole other level, guitars with 3 times the price tag have half the attention to detail and personalization as this Edmonds, ive been tone chasing for over a year now and have found many that have had strong aspects of what im looking for but then lacked other needs, great treble, thin bass, great bass screechy trebles, strong mids no bass, nothing checked all the boxes, thats not the case with this beauty, it is complete, everything i have been looking for all rolled into one phenomenal D18, not to mention Jimmy’s fretwork and setups are as good as it gets, ive played high end super strats most of my life and when i made my transition to acoustic and bluegrass one of my biggest gripes was playability and this thing plays like butter, its the triple threat, amazing build quality, playability and voicing im literally blown away, so if you are someone looking for a guitar that will compliment your ability, do yourself a huge favor and contact Mr Jimmy Edmonds, great guy, master guitar builder!!!! im working on my next build already, life is good!
Old 03-03-2021, 09:04 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by yngwie51 View Post
well i took possession of my Edmonds today and all i can say is the hype is real, people on here that know me know that i am fortunate to have and have had some of the nicest guitars available, and i can say without hesitation the Edmonds is on a whole other level, guitars with 3 times the price tag have half the attention to detail and personalization as this Edmonds, ive been tone chasing for over a year now and have found many that have had strong aspects of what im looking for but then lacked other needs, great treble, thin bass, great bass screechy trebles, strong mids no bass, nothing checked all the boxes, thats not the case with this beauty, it is complete, everything i have been looking for all rolled into one phenomenal D18, not to mention Jimmy’s fretwork and setups are as good as it gets, ive played high end super strats most of my life and when i made my transition to acoustic and bluegrass one of my biggest gripes was playability and this thing plays like butter, its the triple threat, amazing build quality, playability and voicing im literally blown away, so if you are someone looking for a guitar that will compliment your ability, do yourself a huge favor and contact Mr Jimmy Edmonds, great guy, master guitar builder!!!! im working on my next build already, life is good!
Sweet! Congrats again, my friend. But you sure aren’t making the wait for mine feel any shorter.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:15 PM

Haha, thank you! i apologize but if i had to wait 5 years it would be worth the wait, absolutely flawless build
Old 03-03-2021, 10:53 PM
Charter Member

love the narrow nut and 2 3/16" spacing on a long scale.

This thing must blaze the speedier tempos!

what radius did you settle on?

. . . Oh and the looks and sound are absolutely stellar!
Old 03-03-2021, 11:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
well i took possession of my Edmonds today and all i can say is the hype is real, people on here that know me know that i am fortunate to have and have had some of the nicest guitars available, and i can say without hesitation the Edmonds is on a whole other level, guitars with 3 times the price tag have half the attention to detail and personalization as this Edmonds

ive been tone chasing for over a year now and have found many that have had strong aspects of what im looking for but then lacked other needs... great treble, thin bass, great bass screechy trebles, strong mids no bass, nothing checked all the boxes. thats not the case with this beauty, it is complete, everything i have been looking for all rolled into one phenomenal D18, not to mention Jimmy’s fretwork and setups are as good as it gets

ive played high end super strats most of my life and when i made my transition to acoustic and bluegrass one of my biggest gripes was playability and this thing plays like butter, its the triple threat, amazing build quality, playability and voicing im literally blown away, so if you are someone looking for a guitar that will compliment your ability, do yourself a huge favor and contact Mr Jimmy Edmonds, great guy, master guitar builder!!!! im working on my next build already, life is good!
Jim, thanks for updating us on how much you love your new Edmonds! I broke up your response into several paragraphs because I really wanted to highlight the middle section. It's so true that with many guitars, even really expensive ones, there are small compromises to be made -- often times it's great tone with so-so playability. Or great tone with a crappy neck profile (hello D-28A 1937 ???). It's rare when it all comes together perfectly and when it does, you have to buy them and hold onto them.

Glad it's everything you hoped for. Play it in good health!

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 03-04-2021, 08:21 AM

thanks Brencat it is definitely a keeper, there is just absolutely nothing to not love about it, plus its so effortless to play that i don’t even want to pick up
one of my other guitars, it is a killer dread!
Old 03-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
thanks Brencat it is definitely a keeper, there is just absolutely nothing to not love about it, plus its so effortless to play that i don’t even want to pick up
one of my other guitars, it is a killer dread!
Sounds like you got one to beat that Outlaw!
Old 03-04-2021, 09:38 AM

That does sound fantastic, and I'm not a dread guy.

Would love to see and hear one of his 000's!!
Curious about his pricing, as there is no info on the website.

scott
Old 03-04-2021, 10:47 AM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
That does sound fantastic, and I'm not a dread guy.

Would love to see and hear one of his 000's!!
Curious about his pricing, as there is no info on the website.

scott
Scott, give Jimmy a call or shoot him an email. I was very pleasantly surprised at how reasonable his prices are. And for a builder of his skills the wait time isn’t bad either.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
Scott, give Jimmy a call or shoot him an email. I was very pleasantly surprised at how reasonable his prices are. And for a builder of his skills the wait time isn’t bad either.
Thanks Roy!

scott
Old 03-04-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Sounds like you got one to beat that Outlaw!
hey Uncle Jesse the Outlaw is still amazing but the Edmonds is honestly just a better guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion