The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-09-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Sweet thanks! I'm going to see if I can find something like that.
I cut a 2" circle out of a piece of corian using a hole saw in the drill press. I ran a piece of 1/4" all thread through the center and sandwiched it with a nut top and bottom to hold the corian and chucked up the all thread in drill press. With it spinning in the press, I used a coarse sanding block to round the outside edges. Then unbolted it all and drilled the center hole out in the corian to 3/4" , or whatever size you need
Old 07-09-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jphb77 View Post
I cut a 2" circle out of a piece of corian using a hole saw in the drill press. I ran a piece of 1/4" all thread through the center and sandwiched it with a nut top and bottom to hold the corian and chucked up the all thread in drill press. With it spinning in the press, I used a coarse sanding block to round the outside edges. Then unbolted it all and drilled the center hole out in the corian to 3/4" , or whatever size you need
Another very good idea, thanks.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jphb77 View Post
You must be better equipped than me. My budget tools would not hold up to cutting corian. If you've been cutting tile and have some corian scrap laying around then I could see how that would work for you. I feel like I spent too much for my solution but I typically frequent my local hardware store for "bits n' bobs" so I earn loyalty coupons.

2013 OLF MJ (DIY build, western red cedar, Honduran mahogany)
2012 McKnight McUkulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivee OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (Natural ash)
Old 07-09-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
You must be better equipped than me. My budget tools would not hold up to cutting corian. If you've been cutting tile and have some corian scrap laying around then I could see how that would work for you. I feel like I spent too much for my solution but I typically frequent my local hardware store for "bits n' bobs" so I earn loyalty coupons.
Ehhh, you'd be surprised...corian cuts and drills pretty easy. It smells like poison though. I also took a look through the plumbing aisle and others looking for something similar to stewmac's setup. As long as you found something to work is the only matter

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair