The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2019, 05:28 PM

I am still playing the Santa Cruz Dread Cutaway I bought in 1982. I was 27 when I got it.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Guest 728

Wait —- so all those posts about all those “number one” guitars that I was going to “keep forever” are still out there?? Mods, if you’re reading, name your price to expunge my record before my wife goes looking!!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Voltaire View Post
Wait —- so all those posts about all those “number one” guitars that I was going to “keep forever” are still out there?? Mods, if you’re reading, name your price to expunge my record before my wife goes looking!!
Hahahahaha! Mine too, Willie!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
When I bought a Gurian Size 3 r sometime in the mid 70s, I was very comfortable playing it. At the time, I was mostly a flat picker.

Now, it feels really cramped. And I’m thinking that my 000 18 is less comfy than my Gibson, and I’ve been playing Martin necks since 72. Methinks it’s a result of ageing?
Jim

I have no doubt that age and just the passing of time can change so much. Our tastes change, our joints change, our ears change...

I recently realized that thicker necks, which I’ve always loved, give me wrist and elbow problems. They can feel comfortable for a moment, but prolonged play flares up issues. That wasn’t always the case. It’s just time making changes I reckon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion