Abalone rosette
Ebony truss rod cover
Mother of Pearl Taylor logo inlaid in headstock
No pickguard
Gold Grover tuners
Ebony bridgepins with abalone dot
25.5" scale length
1-3/4" nut width

Even though this is a “CE” (cutaway, electric pickup) model, the factory opted not to cut a hole in the side of this guitar for the control module.

LR Baggs I-Beam under bridge pickup installed with an on-board pre-amp on side of headblock inside guitar, and volume control wheel inside soundhole lip.

The guitar has been graded as in excellent condition. With the exception of some very light finger scratches where the pick guard would be, there is not a mark on it.

The hardshell case is also near mint.

Smoke-free, humidity controlled home.

When I purchased this guitar in 2002 from A Sharp Music in Renton Wa. it had a $5000 price tag on it. It sounds better now than it did then.

Will ship in factory Taylor shipping box.

Photos here:
http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Ma...%20814CE%20LTD

Video / audio sample:
https://youtu.be/z_wqQOCCxSs

Photos of scratches added 4/30/18
http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Ma...or%20scratches

Thanks for looking
'02 Taylor 814C Ltd Cocobolo
'16 Collings D2HG

Last edited by Madshadow; 05-17-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Lowered price, added photos of fine scratches
Old 03-17-2018, 07:42 PM

Man -- that couch looks comfy as all get out!!!

No, but on a serious note, great guitar! I think this one will really delight someone. I have the 710 LTD from the following year, also cocobolo, so it's really similar, but aesthetically this one really shines. love the binding. this is surely a very rich, lush, fantastic sounding guitar. Good luck with the sale - hope someone brings it home with them
Fishman | Loudbox Mini | Primetone 1.0mm

"what is the universe? the universe is a symphony of vibrating strings.." -michio kaku
Old 03-20-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v32 finish View Post
Man -- that couch looks comfy as all get out!!!

No, but on a serious note, great guitar! I think this one will really delight someone. I have the 710 LTD from the following year, also cocobolo, so it's really similar, but aesthetically this one really shines. love the binding. this is surely a very rich, lush, fantastic sounding guitar. Good luck with the sale - hope someone brings it home with them
Someone will be very happy with this guitar. I have a number of pro player friends who have played it and loved the playability and tone. I'm not great at describing the sonic attributes of an instrument, but this guitar plays as smoothly at the 12th fret as it does in the open position. Every note on the fretboard plays equally, which is much different than say, my '84 D28. I've never gigged with this instrument, so it has stayed in pretty immaculate condition.
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 03-22-2018, 11:25 PM
Charter Member

Default PM sent

Hey Mark, when you have a minute, please check your private messages, I sent you a few questions about this guitar.

thanks,
Chris
Old 03-24-2018, 11:21 AM

Weekend bump. Headed off to play a typical Montana gig - 150 miles away. Playing for a room, dinner, hot springs and a 4-way split of the tips!
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 03-26-2018, 04:17 PM

I don't know why I can't keep a photo of this guitar live on the ad. I've tried a number of ways to do it, it's always there on the preview, but gone when I look later, 3rd party hosting suspended or something from photobucket. Anyway, the link to the other photos appears to keep working.

Obviously still looking for a new home for this Taylor. Trying to fund a minor, necessary surgery!
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 04-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Just sold this to a longtime forum member and shipped it overnight across the country. He asked for a 24hr audition with it. Looks like the nut is too wide and he's shipping it back. Here's his feedback verbatim:

Arrived safely. The nut is too wide for me. I'll get it out overnight first thing tomorrow morning. What a great guitar. You should keep it. It's the best Taylor I've ever seen or played - Brazilian ones included. I wish I could make it work. Wow, what a Taylor.

So, she's still up for sale!
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 04-08-2018, 05:00 PM

Default The Taylor is absolutely fantastic

I don’t think I’ve ever played a better example. It is in pristine condition. Unfortunately I have grown accustomed to 1 11/16 th nut width. Was hoping with the slimmer neck carve 1 3/4 would work. Someone will be thrilled with this one. If it had a slimmer nut I would have been happy at 3500. Wow is all I can say about this one and mark is exceptional to deal with. Best of luck.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeguitars View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever played a better example. It is in pristine condition. Unfortunately I have grown accustomed to 1 11/16 th nut width. Was hoping with the slimmer neck carve 1 3/4 would work. Someone will be thrilled with this one. If it had a slimmer nut I would have been happy at 3500. Wow is all I can say about this one and mark is exceptional to deal with. Best of luck.
Thanks for the feedback Henry! The guitar made the trip from MT to FL and back without an issue. Taylor makes the best shipping boxes!

She's still for sale...
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 04-13-2018, 11:37 AM

I've had a couple trade offers for this guitar, but I'm selling to pay for some oral surgery work my wife needs done, so trades are not really an option (though tempting). Thanks for looking!
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 04-22-2018, 05:35 PM

Sunday bump.
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 04-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Default how is this still available?

I'm having a hard time believing this guitar is still available. What a beautiful example of the Taylor GA. One of Taylor's best wood combos, gorgeous figured coco, aged/darkened sitka, sweet koa binding, etc. etc. I have the summer strummer version from 2003, and love it...feels great, sounds great, looks great. And this looks to be an even better example of it in pristine condition.

Hell, I want to buy it just to play it for a while! LOL.

GLWS, I can't imagine it lasting up here much longer.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:22 AM

Default Another price reduction

There's been a lot of interest in this but apparently I've been asking too much for this community. I know I don't have it overpriced, as it's been appraised by a couple local dealers. Still, I need to sell it asap so have lowered the price again. Please take this off my hands and let my wife get her root canal done
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 04-30-2018, 12:08 PM

Default Photos of fine scratches on guitar

I've had some requests for photos of the scratches I mentioned on the face of this guitar. These photos were all manipulated in Adobe Lightroom. Clarity boosted to show light scratches which are hardly noticable normally, and difficult to photograph.

They look a lot more severe here than in real life, but we don't want any surprises. I believe these will all buff out fairly easily, and should have looked at getting that done before posting.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Ma...or%20scratches
'16 Collings D2HG
Old 05-13-2018, 05:10 PM

Bumping back to the top.
'16 Collings D2HG
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
814ce, cocobolo and sitka, excellent condition, taylor