The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-26-2018, 05:23 PM

I have a G-30 that I’m selling. Much prefer the G-10.

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Old 09-25-2018, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Carter View Post
I have a G-30 that I’m selling. Much prefer the G-10.
Question for G10 users. Can you mount the receiver on your pedal board? Will it accept pedal power?
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 09-25-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Question for G10 users. Can you mount the receiver on your pedal board? Will it accept pedal power?
Hi Gary,

I have the G10 and you can definitely mount the receiver on your board. Downside is the mini usb power adaptor. It can break easily. What I did was buy one of those magnetic mini usb inserts and I leave that in the G10 receiver. It limits the chance of the cable snapping off the input.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Hi Gary,

I have the G10 and you can definitely mount the receiver on your board. Downside is the mini usb power adaptor. It can break easily. What I did was buy one of those magnetic mini usb inserts and I leave that in the G10 receiver. It limits the chance of the cable snapping off the input.
Can you send me a pic on FB messenger or email? How is the battery charge? easily get a full show from a charge? I am assuming you need to charge before each show?
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 09-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
The G10 is a usb device - so it will not take 9v power directly. There are a couple threads on the web about adapting the internals and installing a 9v adapter, along with some required circuitry, inside the G10 receiver. While it is not incredibly hard, it does require ordering parts and a bit of drilling and careful soldering. The usb connection on mine got flaky ( a not uncommon occurence, and probably the only reason not to recommend the G10 ) so I had to underake this process, and its worked out great, and could now be installed on a pedal board. Also, it left the usb connection intact, so I was able to use it to update the firmware, but until (unless?) another update comes out, I will not need it again.

I like the G10, and the fact that it has both ¼” and balanced outputs works well for me, and have found it quite flexible in using it with a variety of sources and outputs -
Old 09-25-2018, 05:25 PM

Check out this thread on the Skysonic wireless pickup. I think it has a mic, so it may work with a nylon...

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=508158

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification