The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-18-2018, 09:34 AM

Default Fridge Filters

I ordered fridge filters through Amazon, for my Electrolux refrigerator, that were advertised with the picture on the left. I specifically wanted these filters because these are what came with the fridge originally and the water came out crystal clear right from the start. I wanted more of these.

Instead they sent filters in the package on the right, which had the same part number as the one in the first picture, but, were in a different package. When I installed these filters, the water came out greyish color for quite a while before becoming clear which made me a bit concerned about what was inside the filters and what might be in the water. I had used these filters before and didn't want this type again.

I suppose they are just as good as the old ones, but, I am concerned about all the flushing I had to do before the water came out clear. I wonder if they are filtering as good as the first ones I had? Maybe they were made in a different factory? Should I return these and look for some in the same packaging as before or be satisfied with the new ones that have already been used? They cost about $50.00 so I don't want to just throw them away.

FILTER (2).jpg FILTER (1).jpg
Old 04-18-2018, 01:34 PM

There was quite a long thread over on mandolin café about counterfeit D'Addario strings from the People's Republic of China being sold via amazon. If it's worth somebody's time to counterfeit those, perhaps there is a possibility that a somewhat higher-ticket item might .... hmmm?
Old 04-18-2018, 02:26 PM

Thanks Frank. I really don't know what to do because I don't really want to use these filters. I doubt if the seller would take them back and refund my money because they have been tested and are filled with water. I can't afford to buy new ones and throw these away.

What annoys me is the false picture in the Amazon ad. Should I leave negative feedback for the seller?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:09 PM

Call Electrolux and order directly from them. When the bad, falsely advertised, filters are dead, replace them with the correct filters.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)

Last edited by srick; 04-19-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:15 PM

Thanks Tahiti,

It never occurred to me that I could order them directly from the Electrolux company. I'll look into that.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
Thanks Tahiti,

It never occurred to me that I could order them directly from the Electrolux company. I'll look into that.
Nothing personal .
This is the type of thinking that astounds me .
Have we been so trained so as to not consider the original source for things like this ?
Old 04-19-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterhound View Post
Nothing personal .
This is the type of thinking that astounds me .
Have we been so trained so as to not consider the original source for things like this ?
The first place I went was the closest appliance parts store as I was driving by one day. They did not have this filter in stock. They said they could order one and gave me a quote.

I thought, "I'll just order one myself, have it delivered to the door and I won't have to drive the 8 miles each way to come back and save myself some time, money and gas."
Old 04-19-2018, 09:26 AM

George, you might try contacting the seller and suggest he/she misrepresented the product. Use the term false advertising. The product advertised did not match what you received. Like ordering a pair of Levi's and receiving a pair of Wrangler jeans. I'd also contact Amazon.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic