The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-25-2019, 10:17 AM

Talking Fines? Infractions? Traffic Cams?

Mary,
Although I wasn't there long, another excellent time well spent. Glad I got a minute to jam with some very special folks.

McJam was as wonderful as always, and of all things, I seemed to even figure out how to show up for the brisket, which was truly inspiring. Steve, I am fairly certain there is a great song there somewhere.

The folks and the music make McJam the time it is, and having number 13 as a personal favorite number, I will have high expectations for next year.

All the best, thanks to one and all,

Ez

Taylor k56ce

Taylor k24ce
Old 06-25-2019, 10:19 AM

I'd like to echo Neil's sentiments - it was great seeing some new faces as well as the (increasingly) "older" ones! The McJam family changes a bit over time but warm feelings cover the McKnight home. Thanks to all who contributed time, door prizes and service to make it another memorable year....

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."
Old 06-25-2019, 06:03 PM
AGF Sponsor

I'm sure I am not the only one this has happened to but I responded to this thread from my phone. However, as I am trying to figure out my new email system, the post was lost in a time warp and it's all gone. I'm on a real computer for a few minutes so I'll give you the gist of the message.

I'm going to say thanks to all of you who attended the 2019 McJam. It was our #12. It's hard to think we can be 12 years older than our first McJam. Most of us are still walking on our own though it is a little more difficult than it once was. Especially Tim and me when on Sunday morning we recognize the fact that our feet remind us we are a few pounds heavier, 12 years older and need 10 more minutes to sleep in. Ohhhh - yes, sleeping in. As soon as Tim's head hit the pillow he fell asleep one night. Three minutes (?) later alarms were squelching throughout the house and shop. Nature had called Neil. I saw Tim jump as I was swaddled among blankets but I did open my eyes. I think I saw Grandpappy Amos of the real McCoys.

Keep your shirts in your drawer so you are ready for next year. Attendance was down this year but it was a good time anyhow. With the Ohio weather and the numerous detours in this area I am surprised anyone was able to get here! Several past attendees are home recovering from the mold issues of these crazy Ohio rains.

Still the dedicated McJammers came and walked away with a prize or two. Regardless of what you wanted there were winners with smiles and one young man won a hat he can wear to very few restaurants without someone making a funny comment. Ross ... you did good.

Speaking of Ross, THANK YOU -THANK YOU! The pulled pork was the highlight of Friday. Nobody was disappointed in your participation of the Friday meal. YOU will hear this for the rest of the McJam life that I will forever pray you bring the Friday main dish. What a pleasure to see the guys surround your platter like, hmmm, like fshall I say, HUNGRY CATS. I understand all the work you and Mickki went through but that was so much less stress on me having a huge hot dish display for the men who choose to eat sandwiches. That was awesome! THANK YOU. I'm already hinting for pot luck meals for the future from everyone. It allows the kitchen help time to appreciate chat time and the music. Everyone ate very well.

Ross did good to supply a door prize and Kurt wore his gifted hat with a smile. That's what door prizes are about. Yes, I got a little sentimental about the wood book. It was a book that once belonged to Tim's dad. We felt it was time to share it with a McJammer.

Pete, thanks for coming this year. Don't be a stranger. Come to play music next year. And I'm glad Charlie won that silly Sweet Pea canjo that had belonged to my brother, Mark. I appreciated y'all being patient with that moment of give-away.

The Kurka's brought the brisket on Saturday all the way from the Mrs catering service. Two days - real sandwiches - awesome. Our meat eaters rejoiced! Easy breezy clean up made the kitchen crew of very few celebrate! Ross - want to go for another dish pot luck style next year? Think on this.

Clif, I'm sorry I missed you on Sunday. I hear your visit was brief but Tim was pleased to see you. I'm surprised you caught him awake. He said, "Thank you again."

Rodger might have to collect fines. I wonder if Rodger knew someone backed into our raised garden out by the woodshed?

For those of you who don't know this our business email account has been updated and we lost the groups with McJammer and customers email addresses. It's not the end of the world, but Rodger has been working over time to help me square things away. I owe him all the money he collects from fines. Maybe I'll go 60/40. Gotta walk away with something!

Door prizes - annually is it a draw of whatever. I had so many people want the cutting boards from the class but I had too many people requests those. I couldn't "rig it" to spread that far, but maybe next year we can redo that same class. (Chart that Mr. Event Coordinator)

I am still waiting on anyone who has pictures they want to send to me. Ill assemble my book but you will see pictures also. Hang in there!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:16 PM

Hey Mary! I'll send more pics starting tomorrow.

Did Clif pick up a McKnight, by any chance. If yes, was it the sharp cutaway dread with Granadillo B/S? I told him it was the best of the bunch, but I think he said he wanted a parlor sized.

Let me know who you think crashed the raised garden and I'll levy the fine in absentia.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 PM

The noted hat (what goes around, comes around, Ross; just sayin' ) is safely tucked away with my McKnight shirts that are each worn but once a year. It shall make an appearance at next year's McJam #13 (my basketball number in high school, and also my shooting percentage from the field ).

Extreme gratitude to the McKnights, who are always so gracious to host us. A special nod to Rodger for his workshop and beneficence in sharing his new CDs with us (my man, you play one wicked electric lead guitar, a side I'd not heard from you before!). Neil, thank you for helping me make up my mind with the grace and beauty of your playing style, and Bruce, you'll probably have dibs on my backup singer for as long as you're willing to play the Doobies.

Oh-so good to see most all of the regulars and meet some new folk. It truly is something of a family reunion each year in Greater Metropolitan Morral. We of the Clan McKnight are truly blessed.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Daniel was a newbie this year. Who would have thought a man playing such amazing classical music would play around with us so perfectly by wearing a donated door prize like a durag. I think you’ll smile at the picture knowing what we were hearing on his new McKnight guitar. Beautiful music. Daniel... what a great way to show up and introduce yourself and to fit in so well as a first time McJammer!
U

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 06-26-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote: Ross - want to go for another dish pot luck style next year? Think on this.

Mary, I've already begun luring in stray cats - I'm sure we can fill the Jam #13's participants' bellys with meowy goodness!

Kurt, my kids used to say they'd pay me back for all the "Dad" stuff - I always told them they needed to step up beyond, "Oh, yeah!"..... show us what you've got buddy!

When family has grins together it's always a good time!

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."
Old 06-26-2019, 04:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey gang, is anyone missing a Snark tuner? One was left here during the jam. Just PM or email me to identify the color and we will mail it your way.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:37 PM

Good button? If so it may be mine. I have one for each guitar but when I opened my Martin’s case the headstock was Snarkless.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:11 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Good button? If so it may be mine. I have one for each guitar but when I opened my Martin’s case the headstock was Snarkless.
Good button???
Old 06-26-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Good button???
Gold. Sorry; auto fill on iPhone sucks.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the kind words Kurt! I did get a good pic of you and your favorite back up singer.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:02 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Gold. Sorry; auto fill on iPhone sucks.
Yep, its yours. Please send an email with your mailing address and we will send it your way Neil.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Thanks for the kind words Kurt! I did get a good pic of you and your favorite back up singer.
Thanks for the photo, Rodger; glad you got the backup singer with the "proper" guitarist.

And I'm thinking this photo of me will be much better than the one that Tim took late Saturday that I fear is forthcoming. <meow!>
Old 06-29-2019, 09:47 AM
AGF Sponsor

I have been working on the book and trying to get a page for Ross. With cameras so abundant I still see no picture of Ross for my book! I can blame the desk attendant for not taking a picture of photo ID's but fact it it is more my fault than anyone.

Ross, tell Mickki to get a quick picture for me and either post it here or email it to me right away.

By the way, our email has been refreshed to a new system and we are not fining our groups. They have been removed but I will create a new list and do my best to add each McJammer so everyone is in the groove.

Ross has already added HIS name and another new name to the McJam 2020 list. How impressive is that?

[email protected]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases