The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc
Adobe Audition runs on 98SE...
Which version bob? I downloaded 1.5 and when I ran the installation it said "Sorry Charlie, wrong operating system" Do you have a link to an older version?

Thanks in advance

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-12-2005, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman
Which version bob? I downloaded 1.5 and when I ran the installation it said "Sorry Charlie, wrong operating system" Do you have a link to an older version?

Thanks in advance
Look for a product called Cool Edit Pro 2.0. It was bought by adobe and made into Audition. It should run on your system, and should still be for sale on the web.

Sorry... I thought Audition ran on 98SE.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody b
It's a great program. Alot of people use "Cool Edit Pro" which is an earlier version of Adobe Audition.
Yes, CEP blows away Pro Tools IMO. Although Pro Tools does allow some realtime filtering, I can always do that post production.

Also, Reason 2.5 (now Reason 3.0) is very cool for doing effects if needed.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdvip
Yes, CEP blows away Pro Tools IMO. Although Pro Tools does allow some realtime filtering, I can always do that post production.

Also, Reason 2.5 (now Reason 3.0) is very cool for doing effects if needed.
Cool Edit Pro blows away Protools??? Those 2 programs are not even in the same level or class as far as application offerings. Cool Edit is more on the level of a home recording tool, Protools is extremly high end audio editing.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteye
Cool Edit Pro blows away Protools??? Those 2 programs are not even in the same level or class as far as application offerings. Cool Edit is more on the level of a home recording tool, Protools is extremly high end audio editing.
When I use Pro Tools with their M-Box, I get a nasty sounding noisy recording half the time I use it. I'm using a $500 condensor mike. When I record with CEP and the cheap Edirol USB audio recorder, it records flawlessly, while the Pro Tools gives me trouble. I'm using a Dual processor 1GHz with 512MB RAM I believe.

The interface in Windows is not as intuitive to me either, since it is difficult to cut, copy and move sections around. For what I need, Cool Edit Pro is much easier to use, especially with multi-track editing. Plus Pro Tools didn't even have a Noise Reduction filter.

Last edited by gsdvip; 09-12-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:48 PM

Your welcome bob just thought I'd give another option. Glad you have on that works for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell