The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-01-2019, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
He who shows up in person gets first choice!

I think Emerald said the cases come from England....isn't that relatively close? Not sure why it might take 3 or 4 weeks unless coming by canoe...unless someone forgot to order them in time to ensure supply dudnt run out...doh!

I'll just have to pour myself another glass of sake....and keep staring at pictures....of a beautiful guitar....finished weeks ago....and stranded thousands of miles away... on the Emerald isle. [emoji23]

Seriously, I look every night at a screen cap from the shipping video.

Since I ordered both the Hiscox and gig bag, maybe I will see if they can work with me on shipping the Hiscox separately for a reasonable fee. I'm coming soon on 8 months since I ordered I believe.

Cheers all...

Todd in Chicago
I would think in the name of good customer service, Emerald would jump at the chance to get this guitar to you. ASAP. Two of my three Emeralds were shipped in their gig bag, and arrived in perfect condition.

I feel your pain. On my last Emerald, I was told: "It should ship this week"... "No, it won't ship as discussed"... "Might be a couple weeks"... and we were traveling at the time. I had a "window" for where it could have been shipped on that first discussion, then had to wait several weeks until we got home. In the grand scheme of things, that extra wait didn't change my life. BUT, it was a missed opportunity to get a new guitar into the customer's hands in a timely manner.

In the words of the late philosopher Tom Petty: the waiting is the hardest part. Especially towards the end of that wait. Hope to see a NGD arrival post from you soon.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

Folks...

I've shot an email to Emerald with some options, and expect to hear back tomorrow.

I think in 2 weeks, it will be 8 months since I ordered, so it's been a while.

First I've asked if there is any update on the status of the cases. Previously it was explained to me that they do not provide tracking information so perhaps the shipment may have been lost but it seems to me that it's been about 3 weeks that we've been waiting for cases. It could be that they are still being manufactured and have not even shipped yet. In any case I've asked for an update on the status.

One option I put out there was simply to cancel the hard shell case and refund my money for that and ship my guitar ASAP with the gig bag. I really do like to have an original OEM hardshell case with my guitars, in the event I need to store them, so this option is really not preferred by me.

The second option, which is my preferred one, is to send me my darned geetar ASAP in the gig bag, and to send the hard shell case separately when they arrive :-) lol....I did ask if they would be willing to split the shipping cost with me, but have no expectations that they should or would. I truly would not be bothered if they did not want to do that, and certainly don't feel a sense of entitlement.

Anyway...one way or another I'm hoping to get that beauty in my hands soon!!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-03-2019, 01:13 PM

FWIW Todd, I would gladly opt for the gig bag now, instead of a hamburger next Tuesday (you have to be of a certain age to get that Popeye cartoon reference). A guitar in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Hiscox hard cases are quite nice, but 85% of the time I'm using a gig bag anyway. My hard cases are used mostly for humidity control these days. It is a bit trickier to find a gig bag for a jumbo body....
Old 06-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
FWIW Todd, I would gladly opt for the gig bag now, instead of a hamburger next Tuesday (you have to be of a certain age to get that Popeye cartoon reference). A guitar in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Hiscox hard cases are quite nice, but 85% of the time I'm using a gig bag anyway. My hard cases are used mostly for humidity control these days. It is a bit trickier to find a gig bag for a jumbo body....
Yes.... and to be quite honest the hiscox case will probably be empty 99% of the time. My thoughts are it will be hanging on the wall next to its brother. Would really only will be used in the event I need to for some reason or another have long-term storage requirements. And although one would argue I could probably get some other type of inexpensive case locally that would fit the bill for that need, I'm the kind of dude that likes original equipment stuff. My sickness... :-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Both my Hiscox cases currently hold wood guitars and humidity devices. The carbon fiber guitars live in wall hangers and travel in gig bags. I am looking at the possibility of a slightly customized X20 to replace my current one **IF** a local friend decides to buy it. That sale would include the hard case, and its replacement would have an Emerald gig bag.

Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with the X20 in hand. The sale would allow me to go custom short scale so that my X20 and X20-12 both have matching 24.6" scale lengths.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

I’ve been in contact with Emerald today and the Hiscox for X30s have finally arrived
Old 06-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
I’ve been in contact with Emerald today and the Hiscox for X30s have finally arrived
Whoa!! Supreme good news!!

Thx for the update! I had not received an answer to the email I sent, probably because they are busy shipping!

Woot!!

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-06-2019, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
Did you receive a shipping notice yet? I guess I'm just getting impatient![emoji1787]lol..."The Wait".

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Did you receive a shipping notice yet? I guess I'm just getting impatient![emoji1787]lol..."The Wait".

Todd in Chicago
Seems justified. Hope you get the shipping info soon!
Old 06-06-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Todd in Chicago
I seem to recall that Emerald does all their shipping on Fridays.
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 06-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

I’ve heard the same. Nothing received yet
Old 06-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
I seem to recall that Emerald does all their shipping on Fridays.
True... I suppose I was hoping that since these guitars were in the shipping video from 3 weeks ago (will be this friday), maybe an exception would be made.

[emoji41]

And for me it would have been 8 months since I placed my order.... so just getting a little antsy. But I will wait... I'm really excited because it looks like it came out very well.

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Guest 928

There are just too darn many Fridays. But the odds are getting better that it could be next Friday. Or maybe the Friday after that.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
There are just too darn many Fridays. But the odds are getting better that it could be next Friday. Or maybe the Friday after that.
Bwwaaahahaha!..

U guz r killin' me!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Guest 928

Todd;

Buck up. There are 28 Fridays left this year so I would say that there is a pretty good chance of your ship coming in any Friday now, or then.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber