The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 01-09-2019, 07:19 PM

Default The Great River Guitar Show

In 2016 There was a small boutique acoustic instrument show in St Paul Minnesota called the Twin Cities Acoustic Guitar Show. It was our intention to bring the show back in 2018 but the planned venue closed. We now have a new home and a new name. The Great River Guitar Show will be September 7-8 2019 in Red Wing Minnesota. This is a charming small town right along the Mississippi River with a historically preserved downtown. The show will be at the State University where instrument building is taught. There will be more acoustic builders than our 2016 show, and even though this is still greatly acoustic oriented, we are adding a separate electric room. There will be master classes, a celebrity guest speaker, seminars, a screenings of the film "Acoustic Uprising", designated open jam space, food trucks, door prizes, vendors with guitar related merchandise, wood vendors, demo concerts all day, and at the historic Sheldon Theatre will be a Saturday evening concert by world class acoustic players. Once more of the details are worked out there will be a website with all the information.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for giving us the "heads up". I just showed your post to my wife and she is interested in driving down for the weekend. September is far enough off for us to plan and save for the event. I will be interested in seeing the web site and further details so we can firm up our plans, reserve the dates on our calendar, and make hotel reservations. I have seen your guitars at Fret Central. You do some extremely fine work.

Having missed the last show in St. Paul (much closer to home), I really do hope to make it to this one. Marty Reynolds told me about it, but we had a conflict that weekend, unfortunately.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 01-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Great to hear this, Tim. I attended the 2016 show, and somehow managed to avoid meeting anyone from the AGF there

I'll be very happy to have an excuse to go to Red Wing in September!
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-07-2019, 08:39 AM

Our show is still many months from now but we already have some great makers, performers and sponsors that want to be part of this event. McKnight, Koentopp, Peterson, Bischoff, Humphry Amps, Pat Donohue, Tim Sparks, Dean Magraw, Rick Stack, Dan Schwartz, The Minnesota Guitar Society, Minnesota Music Coalition, Premier Guitar Magazine and many more. This will be great fun in a very cool and historic town along the Mississippi River.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM

More great things happening with the September 2019 Great River Guitar Show. More sponsors are coming on to help; D'Addario strings, Luthiers Mercantile International, The Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association, Candyrat Records, K&K sound, and Minnesota Acoustic Guitar Showcase. In addition to the Saturday September 7th evening concert at the historic Sheldon Theatre with Pat Donohue, Tim Sparks and Dean Magraw, we will have a wrap party on September 8th at the Harbor Bar with Annie Mack performing with her band. She is an amazing vocalist getting attention with her new recording "Closer". Her husband is one of the talented guitar players in the band and has worked Bela Fleck among others. https://youtu.be/ZofVFSnT5O8
Old 03-29-2019, 01:43 PM

Default Great River Guitar Show Web site

More updates for the Great River Guitar Show in Red Wing MN. We are adding another music related documentary film called "Don't get Trouble in Your Mind" by John Whitehead. It is an amazing film about the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Plus our new web site is live https://greatriverguitarshow.com
Old 04-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Hi Tim,

I am very excited for this show. I live in eastern Wisconsin so this will be an easy show to get to. I am just finishing my 4th guitar and working on my 5th, so I am looking forward to getting some inspiration and meeting some luthiers. I have only met one other builder so far and I am looking forward to getting to know people in the luthier community. Thank you for all your hard work in putting this event together.

Cory
Old 04-04-2019, 05:32 AM

Hi Corey, this will be great fun, tell your friends. We will have many things for aspiring luthiers like yourself, besides the chance to talk to many talented builders. We have just added another exhibit of a collection of historic and unique stringed instruments. Come and look and learn and listen and play.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Some exhibitor tables are still available at the Great River Guitar Show.
Here are the confirmed exhibitors as it stands now:
Kevin Pederson,
Terry Kennedy,
David Seaton,
Mason Guitars,
Joe Mendel,
Phil Lang,
Hogbac Guitars and Mandolins,
Koentopp Guitars,
Caton Guitars,
Crow River Guitars,
Fred Tellier,
Paul Woolson,
Madsen Guitars,
Randolph Ukuleles,
Tim McKnight,
J Rieck Guitars,
August Guitars,
Tim Reede,
Ron Tracy,
Hewn Guitars,
Studio 24 Guitars,
Walehazard Guitars,
David Livermore,
Elijah Jewel Guitars,
BB Made Guitars,
Hepcat Guitars,
Revel Pickups,
Icon Plates,
Treestrings,
Shoemaker Guitars,
Bischoff Guitars.

Look for our ads in Premier Guitar Magazine, Vintage Guitar Magazine, Guitar Show and Custom Luthier Magazine, Minnesota Bluegrass Magazine, the Guitarist Newsletter and much more.

Thanks much to our generous sponsors, Heritage Insurance, D'Addario, Minnesota State College Southeast, Premier Guitar, K&K pickups, Luthiers Mercantile International, Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association, the Minnesota Guitar Society, the Minnesota Music Coalition, Candyrat Records, Wildsounds Studios, Guitarbench Magazine, Minnesota Acoustic Guitar Showcase, Fretless Films, Acoustic Uprising, Silver Cranes, Dakota Street Designs, and Guitar Show and Custom Luthier Magazine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases