The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-03-2021, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Come on, guys... this is a discussion forum. There is nothing wrong with expressing opinions as long as they fall within the rules. There is a wide variety of musical artists and genres because there is a wide variety of personal preference. Let everyone share their opinions. I like Springsteen, but that doesn't mean everybody has to feel the same. We can all have differing opinions and still express them politely.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

I have no problem with Springsteen. I had a whole new appreciation of him from his Netflix special where he somewhat bared his soul about writing. To paraphrase he said: "All that stuff I wrote about...I never did any of that...I'm just that good!" I had to laugh. He is that good. I believe Jason Isbell is the Bruce of the next generation. But back to the business at hand...great photo op Bruce!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 03-03-2021, 09:16 AM

Whenever I hear the name Bruce and Australia mentioned in the same context I think of this Monty Python sketch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ojhtq51Ya8
Pono 0000-30DC
Yamaha FSX5, LS16, FG830, FSX700SC
Epiphone EF500-RAN
2001 Gibson '58 Reissue LP
2005, 2007 Gibson '60 Reissue LP Special (Red&TV Yel)
1972 Yamaha SG1500, 1978 LP500
Tele's and Strats
1969,1978 Princeton Reverb
1972 Deluxe Reverb
Epiphone Sheraton, Riviera
DeArmond T400
Ibanez AS73
Quilter Superblock US[/I]
Old 03-03-2021, 09:17 AM

Now I REALLY want an SJ200
Old 03-03-2021, 09:33 AM

Great photo comparison, Bruce... sorry, I mean Bruce.

But I think I know what's coming next.

Let's see you on that Harley too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twvod090208_story1.jpg (38.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-03-2021, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
I have no problem with Springsteen. I had a whole new appreciation of him from his Netflix special where he somewhat bared his soul about writing. To paraphrase he said: "All that stuff I wrote about...I never did any of that...I'm just that good!" I had to laugh. He is that good. I believe Jason Isbell is the Bruce of the next generation. But back to the business at hand...great photo op Bruce!
I would hit the like button on llew's post if there was one.

However, I understand folks who don't care for BS. I was once one of them. At age 17 if I heard Born to Run one more time on the radio I might have exploded. I reluctantly went to one of his concerts a year later. It was transformative, and I've been to dozens since. He is the closest thing we have to Elvis as an entertainer, plus he is a wonderful songwriter (even if you don't dig his voice or sound) and an underrated guitar slinger.

As for Isbell, many years ago I was hanging out with number of good players and ventured the opinion that he was the best songwriter since Dylan.

The responses ranged from "who?" to "you crazy" to "absolutely." All valid opinions.

Brucebubs, looking fierce!

I hope that this post stayed within the rules, I tried
Old 03-03-2021, 09:44 AM

Great pictures.

I know the picture on the left is Broooooooooooooooooce but the one on the right looks like my brother-in-law, Charlie. He doesn't play guitar so it can't be him, but he does wear the shirt.

I was never really bothered about Mr Springsteen until I went to see him live and realised what charisma really meant. Everyone who gets the chance to see him should. He takes entertainment to a new level........

YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion