The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-20-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Can I play?
But of course, especially now you have two - we would expect nothing less!!

But while I'm here, what's the consensus on the Nexus 12 string?
Old 03-16-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool555 View Post
Congrats! I've tried the Venus all-mahogany gloss model with the cutaway and it was good.

No pictures? You can use the app "Tapatalk" (FOC) to post pictures in AGF. Just download the app in your handphone, take pictures and post in AGF forum.

Congrats! Is your Mercury a Cedar top or the one with the Engelmann spruce top? I've tried the one with Engelmann top & Hog b/s. I liked it but had enough guitars already.

No pictures? You can use the app "Tapatalk" (FOC) to post pictures in AGF. Just download the app in your handphone, take pictures and post in AGF forum.
Mine's the cedar topped 'Classic Burst scoop' electro model, although I doubt I'll be using it amplified. I don't have a smart phone so no pictures I'm afraid. I was lucky enough to bag the all-hog Mars as it is now discontinued. I really want to try the cedar 12 fret slope dread, but Faith have no idea when fresh supplies might arrive from Indonesia given the current situation. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDa3ZpHJu38&t=124s
Old 03-16-2021, 07:07 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Mine's the cedar topped 'Classic Burst scoop' electro model, although I doubt I'll be using it amplified. I don't have a smart phone so no pictures I'm afraid. I was lucky enough to bag the all-hog Mars as it is now discontinued. I really want to try the cedar 12 fret slope dread, but Faith have no idea when fresh supplies might arrive from Indonesia given the current situation. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDa3ZpHJu38&t=124s
Thanks for the link! Sounds and looks beautiful. Looks a bit like a J-45 too!
Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 03-16-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link! Sounds and looks beautiful. Looks a bit like a J-45 too!
Tell me about your OO-15M. My recent experience with all-mahogany has been a bit of a revelation, to say the least, but my one and only all-hog Martin was a OOO-15S which, frankly, sounded dull and muted and was quickly sold. I've been looking at the OOO-15M which is very tempting. Have you played the OOO and how does it compare with the little OO? Thanks for your time.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Tell me about your OO-15M. My recent experience with all-mahogany has been a bit of a revelation, to say the least, but my one and only all-hog Martin was a OOO-15S which, frankly, sounded dull and muted and was quickly sold. I've been looking at the OOO-15M which is very tempting. Have you played the OOO and how does it compare with the little OO? Thanks for your time.
Hi Andrew, I've replied in a PM.

There's a good comparison video between the 00-15M vs 000-15M that's worth watching if you haven't watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_9AllJ-Vtg
Martin LX1 (2009)

Last edited by Cool555; 03-17-2021 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Hi Andrew, I've replied in a PM.

There's a good comparison video between the 00-15M vs 000-15M that's worth watching if you haven't watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_9AllJ-Vtg
Thanks, PM sent.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr O’Fluf View Post
Your wish etc.

The two E strings are not properly wound on the pegs. They should be straighter as they come off the nut. You have wound them the same way as the other strings, towards the centre. They should be wound the other way, towards the outside.

Bob
Old 04-01-2021, 07:50 PM

I'm looking at the Faith Neptune Baritone, and will be finally getting my hands on one next weekend if all goes to plan!
I first came across the brand when checking out other videos on Acoustic Paradiso.

I was also considering the Alvarez baritones too, but can't source any at the moment until June/July.
I have the itch, and I'm ready to buy, it's just a pity the Faith is nearly double the price of the Alvarez.
I'm hoping a Baritone guitar will give me something different to play around with on stage instead of using capos up around the 5th and 6th frets.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 04-02-2021, 03:42 AM
Charter Member

I had a Faith Jupiter in my hands earlier this week for a set-up for a friend. It only needed a quarter turn on the truss rod after 12 years of playing and being kept out on a stand. Lovely big sounding guitar, like a great resonant wooden bass drum. Far too much guitar for my style of playing but a Celtic Dadgad session player's dream I expect. I bet you could really drive a wild pub session along with that guitar!

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:13 AM

A few days ago I ordered a genuine Faith ebony pickguard from Barnes and Mullins (Faith distributors), for my Mars-I always felt it looked a little 'undressed' without. I was curious whether it would have a self-adhesive backing (it does) and has been fitted, looking great. The packaging was interesting; it arrived shrink-wrapped onto a slab of mahogany finished in the same way as my FRMG, with a nicely emblazoned 'Faith' logo on the slab! Now I need to find a use for it. Drink coaster for my favourite Balvenie single malt?
Old 04-03-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
A few days ago I ordered a genuine Faith ebony pickguard from Barnes and Mullins (Faith distributors), for my Mars-I always felt it looked a little 'undressed' without. I was curious whether it would have a self-adhesive backing (it does) and has been fitted, looking great. The packaging was interesting; it arrived shrink-wrapped onto a slab of mahogany finished in the same way as my FRMG, with a nicely emblazoned 'Faith' logo on the slab! Now I need to find a use for it. Drink coaster for my favourite Balvenie single malt?
You missed something! Pics??
Old 04-03-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
You missed something! Pics??
Wish I could. Sadly (or not), I don't have a smart phone or digital camera at my disposal; cameras are manual Nikon 35mm, and the phone is a £20 something from Nokia.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:10 AM

Well, it finally got the chance to play the Faith Neptune Baritone on Sunday.
Needless to say, I bought it within 1/2hr!!
From the very first play my wife turned around and said "Ohh, I like that!".
I also plugged it into a Fishman amp to try out the pickup, but strangely I was getting nothing. Turned the gain and the master up nearly full and started getting some sound finally, but it was still very quiet. Then I noticed the tuner was still on, and I thought "Huh, I wonder if this has something to do with it??!!"
I near blew the amp apart with a huge drone of sound that my wife heard at the other end of the shop!![emoji1787][emoji1787]
So, long story short, this has heaps of tone, and those bass now are to die for!!
For those that need all the details, here you go!
Faith Neptune Baritone Guitar.
Solid Englemann Spruce Top
Solid Indonesian Rosewood B&S
Fretboard and Bridge are Macassan Ebony
Solid Flame Maple Binding
700mm scale length (sorry but I don't do imperial measurements!!)
Fishman INK3 Undersaddle pickup.

2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 04-13-2021, 02:31 AM

Congrats in the new guitar! I've never owned a Faith, but I've picked up a few in shops and been impressed, then looked at the price and been amazed.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:41 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphH View Post
Congrats in the new guitar! I've never owned a Faith, but I've picked up a few in shops and been impressed, then looked at the price and been amazed.
That's a very good summary of Faith guitars in general.
Martin LX1 (2009)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion