The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-23-2021, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Vendor Stores on Reverb vs Individual Seller

Does anyone know if vendors that list all or most of their merchandise on Reverb pay less in sales and processing fees than an individual seller?
Old 06-23-2021, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

I didn't get any kind of a price break when I was a vendor on Reverb with Goat Whiskey Picks.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 06-23-2021, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

I've always wondered that too because the Reverb price is always the same as they are selling on their website
Old 06-23-2021, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbertman View Post
I've always wondered that too because the Reverb price is always the same as they are selling on their website
I think this is also simply because they are trying to maximize profit and are hoping people won't notice. I've purchased guitars that are listed on Reverb straight from dealers sites before, where the prices are the same on their site as they are on Reverb. When I've asked them for X amount off because they won't have to deal with Reverb fees, they've almost always obliged.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagedr View Post
I think this is also simply because they are trying to maximize profit and are hoping people won't notice. I've purchased guitars that are listed on Reverb straight from dealers sites before, where the prices are the same on their site as they are on Reverb. When I've asked them for X amount off because they won't have to deal with Reverb fees, they've almost always obliged.
Reverb also gets them a heck of a lot more lookers than the store website does. That's the main reason large vendors sell on Reverb. Reverb's traffic numbers are a lot higher than an individual store website.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 06-23-2021, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Wondered about that too, never tried - good to know
Old 06-23-2021, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
Reverb also gets them a heck of a lot more lookers than the store website does. That's the main reason large vendors sell on Reverb. Reverb's traffic numbers are a lot higher than an individual store website.
For the most part yes, although some of the bigger shops don't even list on Reverb at all, or have stopped as fees have gone up. Gruhn's, Carter Vintage, TME, etc. Many only list part of their inventory as well, generally items that don't sell within a certain timeframe.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion