The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-23-2021, 05:58 PM

Nice case. Actually, our new Alvarez will pretty much always be a real "parlor" guitar residing in our living room to grab whenever inspiration engages head and hand walking by it. It's also an extra axe when we have a jam at the house when an extra guitar might be needed. My wife has a TKL hard case for her old Alvarez, and it does fit in there, if a bit loosely. Nothing an old hand towel wouldn't shore up for that occasional outing. Thanks for the head's up on the cool case; never know, may have to go there.

I've been walking by it quite a bit lately...
Old 06-24-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinert View Post
Got the cool little Alvarez a couple of days ago. What a sweet parlor sized guitar! Never had a 12 fretter before, and really like how finger picking in the 1st position feels. Really like the bit more compact feel to it, too (especially compared to my HD28). I was also blown away by the unbelievable style and first rate finish on the guitar (IMHO). Very well worth the modest price to own one (again, IMHO). Sound, tone and volume is quite a bit more than I expected; nice bonus all around. This guitar came with no case, but the packaging on arrival was absolutely first rate. All good on Alvarez on this one!

My wife hasn't had the opportunity to try it out yet, but I know she'll like it as much as I do. Cool little axe!
Wish I'd seen your original post earlier. I could have informed you that if you call MF and ask for a better price they will almost always give you a nice discount. Even without though, it's a great value. I'm a big Alvarez fan and think they are highly under rated. If you ever want to step up to one of their premium Yairi series guitars you'll find they are everything and in my opinion more than the major American brands.
Yamaha Pacifica 212VFM Flamed Maple
Old 06-24-2021, 09:50 AM

My wife got me one of these for Christmas. I have six other acoustics that I play regularly... all solid wood. This little Alvarez gets more play than any of them. It has such an easy playing neck and is so comfy, and while my solid wood guitars may sound better, I've never really found the sound of the Alvarez really lacking in any way. It sounds good.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:30 AM

Really finding the compactness of the new 12 fret Alverez a total joy playing first position bluesy, finger picking chords. You can just kind of fold into the thing. Really a cool little guitar; new very likable change in playing style/technique with it, too, I'm finding. And still blown away at how pretty the little thing is, besides. Hard to beat deal for $360 bucks.

Any string preferences from any other owners?

Thanks for all the comments. Appreciate it!
Old 06-25-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinert View Post

Any string preferences from any other owners?

Thanks for all the comments. Appreciate it!
I too have a high opinion of Alvarez,they are great value. Mine seems to like Rotosound Nexus 12s

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion