The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-14-2021, 02:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
I have to wonder how many times a week the UPS truck shows up in Cavanacaw. It’s not exactly on the beaten track, and given that they’re still under lockdown, pickups may be a bit on the random side.

My scheduled delivery date, according to UPS, is this Thursday, June 17th.

I don’t believe that for a minute
Mine was originally showing Monday (today), same as the last one. After is sat in Sligo for the entire weekend, UPS just updated it to Wednesday 6/16. I got a 'departed Sligo' scan a little while ago, and expecting to see a Dublin scan in the "fullness of time". Lovely and laid-back on the Emerald Isle it is.

Finglas it 'tis now.

Koln @ eod

Last edited by redi; 06-15-2021 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on your new Amicus. I've been looking out for a used one here on the AGF, as well as Reverb, Craigslist, etc. May have to break down and order one, as they don't come available often.
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 06-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
Congrats on your new Amicus. I've been looking out for a used one here on the AGF, as well as Reverb, Craigslist, etc. May have to break down and order one, as they don't come available often.
I’m looking forward to getting my hands on it! Theoretically, it will be here on Thursday. I keep going back to the shipping video to admire it from afar for about 2 minutes
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-22-2021, 05:12 PM
Guest 928

I gather the instrument did not make the 17th. that's what happens when you don't believe. I've sort of reached the point where I believe it when I see it.

But, it all be good when it arrives and I believe that the wait will have been worth it.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I gather the instrument did not make the 17th. that's what happens when you don't believe. I've sort of reached the point where I believe it when I see it.

But, it all be good when it arrives and I believe that the wait will have been worth it.
So, are you saying that a guitar delivery time is like Santa Claus? If you don't believe, it won't come to your house?
Old 06-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post

If it does actually arrive on Thursday, it’s still 2 days short of 2 months from order to receipt. I’m quite happy with that.

It was collected from Cavanacaw on Monday, slumbered in Sligo until a few hours ago, and now is furloughed in Finglas, waiting to be dispatched from Dublin to its next layover.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-22-2021, 05:56 PM
Guest 928

Holy Moly! I believe that that's a far distance. I understand that patience is a virtue.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber