The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-08-2020, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Last chance CAs?

I was just on the CA web site and they had a notice that said...

We have a very limited inventory of Composite Guitars available right now. In addition to new and custom models, this also includes a few demo-models at extra special prices. Click below to check out these Perks Exclusive special offers!

...and a few guitars for sale.

Not sure if they are just in low production mode or selling off remaining inventory.

Either way, this might be the last chance to get a new CA for a while... or ever.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumalot View Post
I was just on the CA web site and they had a notice that said...

We have a very limited inventory of Composite Guitars available right now. In addition to new and custom models, this also includes a few demo-models at extra special prices. Click below to check out these Perks Exclusive special offers!

...and a few guitars for sale.

Not sure if they are just in low production mode or selling off remaining inventory.

Either way, this might be the last chance to get a new CA for a while... or ever.
Thanks for the info. I would guess they're just selling off remaining inventory including demo models. I've been longing to get my hands on a CA Gx without a barn door style preamp and 1 3/4" nut width. The last message I received from a 3rd party dealer was that CA guitars are no longer being made (unfortunately).
Old 07-08-2020, 10:30 AM

One thing that has kept me from grabbing another OX is the lack of info on neck width. Peavey added a "slim neck" option to the OX when they restarted production, but I'm only interested in the original 1.75" spec and every example I've seen for sale is unspecified, including those on the sale page mentioned above.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 07-08-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Guidry View Post
One thing that has kept me from grabbing another OX is the lack of info on neck width. Peavey added a "slim neck" option to the OX when they restarted production, but I'm only interested in the original 1.75" spec and every example I've seen for sale is unspecified, including those on the sale page mentioned above.

Fran

There is also a very public rant from someone who bought a CA and was unhappy the neck specs and they didn’t line up with the item description when it was bought online. Apparently Peavy Customer Service told that guy to pound sand. I can’t remember where I read that but it is so.

The guitars sound great but I would pass on them due to the lack of enthusiasm behind their own product and apparently what is less than ideal CS.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
There is also a very public rant from someone who bought a CA and was unhappy the neck specs and they didnÂ’t line up with the item description when it was bought online. Apparently Peavy Customer Service told that guy to pound sand. I canÂ’t remember where I read that but it is so.

The guitars sound great but I would pass on them due to the lack of enthusiasm behind their own product and apparently what is less than ideal CS.
Yeah the info they list for each guitar is certainly lacking. Are you getting the 1 3/4" neck or narrow neck it's certainly not very clear. That's too bad about the customer service issue I was trying to find it but failed to do so, I would've liked to have read it.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
There is also a very public rant from someone who bought a CA and was unhappy the neck specs and they didn’t line up with the item description when it was bought online. Apparently Peavey Customer Service told that guy to pound sand.
I recall reading that here too, maybe within the last 12-18 months? My curiosity is not strong enough to warrant searching though. Until recently there was a Boise area dealer that kept several CA's in stock, but they are no longer listed on that store's web site. I test drove them many times while visiting the store, but have my fill of other CF guitars.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Well, I certainly hope Peavey just has CA in hiatus until....well about now, since things are on the move again. I absolutely love my Cargo. 17’ model I think it is I got second hand with a little pick rash on it. The short scale is great for my left hand and arm issues I’ve dealt with for years and a recent surgery. It’s my number one and I’m always getting compliments on its sound from pros and listeners alike. I’m looking for a second one, preferably in Carbon Burst but I’ll look at some others. Just a phenomenal little working man’s guitar for down here on the coast. Dang I hope they don’t shut it down.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber