The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2020, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajerjo View Post
Quick update: the budget can stretch bit for something I really love.

I got out to play an Eastman E1D and while I really like it I'm not sure that it's exactly what I'm looking for. I want to find something that feels special and 'begs to be played'. The E1D was close, and a really nice guitar.

Oddly enough, I played a new X-series Martin Dreadnought that felt great to me. I'm not interested in the electronics w/ battery door, or printed fake wood, but it felt nice and the tone was agreeable if not breathtaking.

Anything else I should be looking at? Maybe the Alvarez MD60BG or a Westerly Guild?
If there are any faith guitas nearby to try, I'd give them ago too, all solid wood and come in many different styles and tone woods.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:03 AM
Charter Member

Well... if you can stretch the $ (and we all find a way to when it’s what we want!) try a Martin 15 series. Ted at LA Guitar orders a few with a wider nut. Try Reverb for used. or even here on the AGF:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=599248

Last edited by SalFromChatham; 11-26-2020 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:18 AM

@Cromwell, I'll keep an eye out for Faith locally, thanks. I did a quick search and it doesn't look like they have much presence in the US.

@SalFromChatham, that's an awesome recommendation. I think $1k may be too much of a stretch, but I would really like a 15-series with the 1.75" nut. If I don't find something I love for less that could be a good option.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion