The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-03-2020, 12:53 PM

Default Grey/blue Calton photo request

Good afternoon!

I am thinking about getting a Calton for my scgc, and think I am interested in grey exterior and blue interior. However, there are not a lot of photos of that combo on line. If anyone has that combo and has some photos in your phone or computer that you could post for reference, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Andrew
Old 11-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

Sorry, no blue, but I have 2 with gray/black if that helps.

Old 11-03-2020, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Cool Let's See...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P. View Post
Good afternoon!

I am thinking about getting a Calton for my scgc, and think I am interested in grey exterior and blue interior. However, there are not a lot of photos of that combo on line. If anyone has that combo and has some photos in your phone or computer that you could post for reference, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Andrew
Andrew;

i recently sold my Goodall with a grey granite exterior and blue interior... I think I still have some photos of it; let's see if an old guy can figure out how to get 'em here!

Well, dang it! I took the pics with my old LG phone in July, and since then I've gotten a new smart phone... apparently the pictures of the guitar in the case are no longer with me.

Sorry, man, but I can tell you that the color combination is really nice... I never did gt to use that case for much travel, but I loved it. Always felt that my Goodall was absolutely secure in it, no matter where I was going or what I was doing...

Just so you know? A lot of people say how HEAVY Calton cases are, and that's hogwash. Not a bunch heavier than a good solid hardshell, and FAR lighter than many "other" supposedly travel cases.

I sold my Goodall Grand Concert because I knew I truly wanted the next size up in James' line, the Concert Jumbo. Found just what I wanted (thanks again, Mike!), and it came to me in an Ameritage case, a nice one... that Ameritage is NOT any sort of flight case, by any means... and it weighs at least 3 #'s heavier than my Calton did, without the protection...

God luck finding some pictures of what you want! Calton makes terrific cases; mine was a Canadian case, one of the last ones from there, and it was perfect... but the ones they're making in Texas look really, really good!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 11-03-2020, 03:22 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. The grey/black case is really cool. Hopefully someone on here will also have the grey/blue combo.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:31 PM

Here is my 2014 Calton for Gibson style slope shoulder/jumbo.

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741 copy.jpg
Old 11-03-2020, 07:59 PM

Thank you!
Old 11-03-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P. View Post
Thank you!
Yeah man.....it's flown all over the world. Have had to check it as baggage many times and there's some bondo repairs on it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion