The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-25-2017, 02:28 PM

Default Emerald Zep-themed custom

Here are some pics of the Queen of Light, the wild new double-neck (12 string and amicus) that Bghd mentioned in a previous post. If you have a Facebook account, head on over to check out a video of the new owner with his head exploding as he sees it for the first time. Otherwise, I'm sure Sean will have it up on the Emerald blog soon.

I don't tend to like highly decorated guitars – heck, I don't even like fretboard inlays – but this is exquisite!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Wow.... gorgeous!!!!! I can hear Stairway to Heaven from just the pictures.....
Old 08-25-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedgear60 View Post
Wow.... gorgeous!!!!! I can hear Stairway to Heaven from just the pictures.....

My response was exactly the opposite -- I've pretty much loved every Emerald I've seen....until now!

However if the owner loves it, that's the important part.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Guest 928

Another incredible instrument from Emerald. I look forward to hearing how it sounds.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
My response was exactly the opposite -- I've pretty much loved every Emerald I've seen....until now!

However if the owner loves it, that's the important part.
^^^^^
What he said, plus...

With this 12/Amicus config, although this particular guitar has been given a specific name, I wonder if Emerald considers it a Chimaera? Maybe it's a Chimaericus or Amimaera.

It is likely fun to play, offering some interesting tones. I've seen an otherwise plain gloss white Chimaera before and it looks great in an understated way, but as a woody Chimaera owner myself, not to offend the owner, but if I'm being honest, this LZ model looks plain gawdy to me...like Buck Owens country meets Led Zep rock in a weird way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if it works for the owner that's all that matters. I wonder if he looks or can play like Jimmy. Surely, he'd have to play Stairway! Gotta give kudos to Emerald for giving a fellow what he wants.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
^^^^^
What he said, plus...

With this 12/Amicus config, although this particular guitar has been given a specific name, I wonder if Emerald considers it a Chimaera? Maybe it's a Chimaericus or Amimaera.

It is likely fun to play, offering some interesting tones. I've seen an otherwise plain gloss white Chimaera before and it looks great in an understated way, but as a woody Chimaera owner myself, not to offend the owner, but if I'm being honest, this LZ model looks plain gawdy to me...like Buck Owens country meets Led Zep rock in a weird way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if it works for the owner that's all that matters. I wonder if he looks or can play like Jimmy. Surely, he'd have to play Stairway! Gotta give kudos to Emerald for giving a fellow what he wants.
To put it in perspective a bit, the owner, besides obviously being a Led Zeppelin fan, was inspired by a Gretsch White Falcon that he owns.

And in GoT terms, Jon Snow would disdain it, but Jaime Lannister would be all over it.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:11 PM

Wow and WOW... just saying... my Amicus is missing a few of those parts... but I still like it... a lot!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-25-2017, 04:39 PM

Hideous and extremely well executed at the same time.

Definitely not my cup of tea.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 08-25-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
Hideous and extremely well executed at the same time
Well put... but I like this degree of hideousness.

A hint of cowboy in it somehow.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-25-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Well put... but I like this degree of hideousness.

A hint of cowboy in it somehow.
I see what you mean, Kramster… if Louis XIV were a Celtic cowboy, this would have been in Versailles.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:25 PM

Old 08-25-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
Louis XIV in Versailles
Keep in mind this an artist's interoperation ... as no known actually pre camera invention photos have been discovered... so certain instrument to human scales perception wether actual or created my not depict actual real life size... or something like that.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:19 PM

That's AWESOME, Kramster… and fast, too! That's just what I was envisioning, and your antiquing job is perfect as well.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:39 PM

Here is another artist's interpolation ... I believe a more modern approach ...

Old 08-25-2017, 09:30 PM

I think it's pretty cool! But why not just go for the triple neck ala JPJ? I do wonder whether Emerald copied any protected intellectual property.

Last edited by TomB'sox; 08-26-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: masked profanity

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber