The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-17-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Not so - there are a number of tube combos below $500 from many of the major makers, ranging from 1W practice/recording amps, through the expected crop of 1x12" 15-watters, to Bugera's dual-6L6-powered V55 houserocker. I've got a V22 that's my go-to play-out amp; with a full set of NOS Soviet-era mil-spec tubes and an Eminence Swamp Thang speaker it still came in just over the $500 mark, it'll handle any house up to around 700 people with no problem, and sounds like a vintage Ampeg doing it. Modeling rigs are great if you're in a Top 40 bar band or need "that sound" in a hurry in a recording situation - a couple years ago I worked with a studio guy who swore by his first-generation Line 6 rack rig - but quite frankly I've yet to see one in the backline of any act above the local level, and IMO that speaks volumes...
Good to know, thanks for the info.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars