The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Default Pick up problems

Hi, I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my problem. I have a Turner 74CE acoustic guitar with a B band pickup system. I have had this guitar for a few years and never had occasion to plug it into an amp. Now however I have and find that it produces no sound at all through my Roland AC60 amp nor through my Marshall 30w amp on the clean channel however it does sound on this amps second channel with the gain turned up. I have tried changing the lead and the battery etc. but to no avail. Its as though there is a mute that needs switching on. I am hoping that this is diy fixable as I am currently abroad and decent music shops are hard to find.
Any and all help gratefully received.
Cheers Steve
Old 05-19-2012, 05:06 PM

Hey Steve - welcome to the Forum. So ... you get no sound on a couple of different amps but you do get some sound on a second channel. Do you know whether the pickup/jack from the guitar is balanced or unbalanced? Balanced can impact the tone going directly into an amp; however, you should get some tone.

I wonder if you have a poor solder connection at the jack.

Is the B band pickup system an UST?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 AM

Hi Dru, yes it is an UST

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification