Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-06-2021, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Go Cards! Go Cards!

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 10-06-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
A great game. I reckon Boone is on the job market? I think he’s done a good job, but his team didn’t win.
$325M Cole had his shortest start of his career in what was probably his biggest game as a Yankee ... win or go home. Eovaldi shined.

Also, one thing we all learned about the Green Monster is that when you hit the ball you need to run to first base, not a home run trot only to get eaten by the Monster and you're stuck with the longest single of your career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Red Sox came through! Big game and good pitching all over. The bats showed up when needed. This win brought the team up to playoff level. They will need the team spirit and brotherhood moving forward! Tough row to hoe this time of year. Hope the arms are good and the bats are lively as they proceed! Good luck Red Sox!
I was worried heading into this game given the Yankees had beat the Red Sox 6 straight games but we pulled through!
Old 10-06-2021, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
$325M Cole had his shortest start of his career in what was probably his biggest game as a Yankee ... win or go home. Eovaldi shined.

Also, one thing we all learned about the Green Monster is that when you hit the ball you need to run to first base, not a home run trot only to get eaten by the Monster and you're stuck with the longest single of your!
True. I’d think Judge and Stanton should know that wall—they’ve played there a lot. And I know enough about Hernandez’s arm not to run on him. (Or Renfroe or Verdugo. I’m surprised that the 3rd base coach doesn’t understand baseball).

Cole lost his spin when they took his stickum away. But his record in elimination games is abysmal. Some of that is bad luck.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 10-07-2021, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

My Cards lost on a walk-off homer. Oh well...

17-0 was a LOT of fun! Glad to see Wainwright have such a terrific year as a youthful 40-year old guy. And good to see three talented, young outfielders all come into their own this year.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

….wow….great pitching duel last nite until Reyes served up that last pitch on a platter….I found myself pulling for the Cards but can’t say Im dissatisfied with the Dodgers win…. Two of the very best regular season records for both teams entering the first round….it seems right….Go Giants!!!!!….

Last edited by J Patrick; 10-07-2021 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:29 AM

Rooting for the Brewers this year!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 10-07-2021, 07:37 AM

Go Dodgers....but Giants look destined. I'd like to see Atlanta win it all but can't say why...so
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 10-07-2021, 09:19 AM

Hoping my Dogs can win two in a row, but the Giros will be tough to beat.

Talk about overachievers!

scott
Old 10-07-2021, 09:52 AM

Exclamation HooWee!

Here come the Dodgers...again! Webb is the Giants announced starter. Both teams have lost the services of their starting 1st baseman. (Both are in a cast) Can Gabe Kapler continue to manipulate successfully? Will another player that's 8 for 72 win a game? I'm wondering if Yastrzemski will come of age in this series? 107 versus 106......got to be the most wins ever by two playoff teams? Go Giants
Old 10-07-2021, 10:38 AM

Dodgers and Giants. Baseball playoffs. I'm expecting an emotional rollercoaster. Go Dodgers!
Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post

17-0 was a LOT of fun! Glad to see Wainwright have such a terrific year as a youthful 40-year old guy. And good to see three talented, young outfielders all come into their own this year.
Gotta say the Cards look great—they have a future. 17 straight ain’t too shabby. I think the late-season Cards are the real Cards.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 10-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

I enjoyed both the Boston vs NY and L.A. vs St. Louis games the last two nights. I must say, the walk-off home run was a big surprise to me last evening. Chris Taylor said he was just trying to hit a single to drive the run in from 2nd base, which is what I would have been trying to do in his shoes, but he connected well and the ball took off.

I didn't think that last pitch to Chris Taylor was all that fat of a pitch. Yes, it was low, mostly over the center of the plate... I saw a lot of fat pitches last night that players took or simply missed. Sometimes besides being good, players need a good helping of good luck. Every mistake doesn't blow up into a disaster, but when a miracle is needed, sometimes you get lucky.

We all need a little luck here or there, actually.

- Glenn

PS: I remembered that Kerbie was a Cardinals fan in the midst of this game last night. I hope you are doing okay, Kerbie, after the disappointing end to the game...
Old 10-07-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
True. I’d think Judge and Stanton should know that wall—they’ve played there a lot. And I know enough about Hernandez’s arm not to run on him. (Or Renfroe or Verdugo. I’m surprised that the 3rd base coach doesn’t understand baseball).

Cole lost his spin when they took his stickum away. But his record in elimination games is abysmal. Some of that is bad luck.
Jim, when you mentioned those good arms I thought of Dwight Evans. One of my favorite players when he played. Perfect arm from right field and always solid at the plate.

Quote:

Kerbie, 17-0 inspired hope and excitement among Cards Nation. Did you read on ESPN that the Cards had a 1.3% chance to make the playoffs on Aug 8 and only 5% on Sept 9, which was the day before the winning streak started? That's crazy! And they did it.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Kerbie, 17-0 inspired hope and excitement among Cards Nation. Did you read on ESPN that the Cards had a 1.3% chance to make the playoffs on Aug 8 and only 5% on Sept 9, which was the day before the winning streak started? That's crazy! And they did it.
I did hear that... on Sportscenter, I believe. You're right... that's nuts! It was a lot of fun to watch. Tyler O'Neill had a monster finale... Sept NL Player of the Month... hit .328 with 13 home runs, 30 RBIs and 31 runs scored in Sept and Oct. He's 26 years old. Gotta love it.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I did hear that... on Sportscenter, I believe. You're right... that's nuts! It was a lot of fun to watch. Tyler O'Neill had a monster finale... Sept NL Player of the Month... hit .328 with 13 home runs, 30 RBIs and 31 runs scored in Sept and Oct. He's 26 years old. Gotta love it.
So, are you rooting for the Giants? I am although I really don't have a love or hate against either team.

Red Sox at Rays tonight! I wonder which Eduardo Rodriguez will show up for Boston tonight? He's had an off year but can still pitch a great game.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic