The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-29-2021, 06:17 PM

Default Any X-Plus Godzilla Collectors Here?

I'm a huge Godzilla fan. I own all the movies on Blu-ray or DVD. That's more than 32 movies!

I also collect high-end vinyl figures by a Japanese company called X Plus. These figures are very detailed and accurate. It's like the figures just walked off the TV screen.

My most recent purchase was a version of the 1954 original Godzilla. This is from thier Gigantic Series. This one stands about 18" tall. Before shipping from Japan it cost $499.99.

Anyone else here collect these?
Old 10-31-2021, 02:56 PM

That Godzilla is impressive. Before reading this post, I didn't know that collecting stuff like this was a thing. I do like the Godzilla flicks, but I think I've seen about 5 or 6 - had no idea there were so many.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:23 AM

Pretty cool. My brothers and I grew up with all the Toho greats - Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan....as well as Johnny Suko and his giant robot.

Add all the giant ape films - Mighty Joe Young, Konga, of course the entire King Kong franchise.

This of course was before DVD's, VHS. laser discs or even cable TV. It was like Christmas when the networks ran one of those old classics.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic